jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

What can make you feel drained off your energy?

1. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 3 years ago

What can make you feel drained off your energy?

Sometimes everything and everyone around you can make you feel drained off your energy. Ever had that kind of feeling and how do you treat yourself to feeling better?

2. poetryman6969 profile image63
    poetryman6969posted 3 years ago

For some being a blessing to others or accepting the prayers, blessings and warm wishes from others can help.

Most women that I have known are cheered up by shopping and chocolate!

1. DDE profile image25
      DDEposted 3 years agoin reply to this

poetryman6969, what cheers you is best tried and performed. Thank you.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

Sleep and diet. Both have a huge impact on energy levels. Stress is also a factor, but that's arguably more mental than physical.

1. DDE profile image25

M. T. Dreamer you  made  helpful points here I so agree with you. Thank you.

4. profile image0
    temptor94posted 3 years ago

Sleeping or watching my favourite TV shows helps me to regain the energy, also going out for a drink with friends is a good way to unwind. In general, anything deviating from the routine can make us feel refreshed.

1. DDE profile image25

temptor94, a change of routine can make one feel so much better and energetic. Thank you

5. liesl5858 profile image88
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

Lack of sleep, stress, using the computer or laptops most of the time, IPads, noisy bad neighbours, or even just watching TV, work related matters and other things can drain us off our energy. Moaning colleagues or friends can drain us off our energy. Best thing to do is avoid their company if they are always moaning and groaning about anything. I don't like people who are negative all the time because they drain me off my energy. Sometimes going out for meals with your friends and relations can lift your mood or just going shopping then to the movies can help with energising yourself. Exercise should not be forgotten and just doing what makes you happy really.

1. DDE profile image25

Hi Linda Bryen, you are so right about people draining you off your energy. I felt that way when I spent time with negative people. After I realized the problem I stepped away from these types of people. You greatly thought of your answer. Thank you.

6. Nastya Bronnikova profile image61
    Nastya Bronnikovaposted 3 years ago

I go by the good old rule: the best way to rest is switching to a different type of activity. Whenever I feel emotionally or intellectually drained, it often helps to do some mechanic, mindless work or take a long walk. If I'm exhausted from running to and fro, it's a good time to curl up with a book or settle down for a chat. And of course, is everything else fails, there's always sleep!

1. DDE profile image25

Anastasia Bronnikova, well said!  All you have mentioned definitely goes with a better lifestyle. Thank you.

7. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

have a nap, eat some energy food and rest. It should perk me up again.

1. DDE profile image25

peachy thank you. The simple steps taken can make life easier.

working