I'm suffering from Regional Pain Syndrome or CRPS in my feet. How can I lessen

  1. profile image51
    Michael-Wilhelmiposted 3 years ago

    I'm suffering from Regional Pain Syndrome or CRPS in my feet.  How can I lessen the pain?

    Regional pain syndrome is also known as CRPS is a rare problem.  Doctors do not know a lot about it and it is because of this that every doctor has a different treatment for it. 

    I have been suffering with CRPS for over 7 years now.  I moved from CA to NM back in June and the pain clinic I am with--knowing my history in California--still wants to cut down the strength on my Fentanyl  patch.

  2. kortneypac profile image88
    kortneypacposted 2 years ago

    I just completed a hub about CRPS - it may help you to read through that.  Just a thought...

    I am a physician assistant and treat a lot of patients with CRPS.  I have found that most patients respond to an anti-depressant or an anti-convulsant - these are both indicated for use in neuropathic pain.  I'm not saying you are depressed, but the tricyclic anti-depressants and the SNRI anti-depressants both have properties that also  help in neuropathic pain, which is what CRPS is.  Have you tried Lyrica (pregabalin), Gabapentin (Neurontin), amitriptyline (Elavil), nortriptyline (Pamelor), duloxetine (Cymbalta)?  I know that A LOT of doctors are really restricting the use of opioids, especially Fentanyl, and its unfortunate for those who have real pain.  If you are interested in non-opioid means of pain control, there are options, including the medications I listed above, - another med would be an alpha-1 adrenergic blocker - an example would be terazosin.  Ask your doctor.  Have you tried a spinal cord stimulator?  Or sympathetic injections?  Take a look at my hub.  I hope this helped some.  Good luck to you, hang in there - I'm incredibly sorry for the pain that you have!!!

  3. jimmyglaughlin profile image83
    jimmyglaughlinposted 19 months ago

    Kortneypac is spot on, but I would like to add to it. First, I have CRPS. Second, fentanyl is, in my opinion, I am not a doctor, 100% wrong for CRPS. Any doctor who knows CRPS, would not have you on it.
    The meds kortney suggested are where you need to be.
    And, I highly suggest, LDN, low dose naltrexone. This an off label use if naltrexone. When researching, be sure to look up low dose naltrexone, not just naltrexone.
    Of course, we are all different and you might a different blend of meds than me, but look into all of these.
    And for your well being, get a Doctor that knows the disease. Please, I cannot stress this enough, but take charge and be your best medical advocate.
    I have a hub on the subject and
    I have a blog, please read it, I am willing to help in any way I can


This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)