jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is Life Worth The Bother With All The Pain, Suffering, And Disappointment That G

1. ngureco profile image84
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Is Life Worth The Bother With All The Pain, Suffering, And Disappointment That Go Into Living?

After All We Still Have To Die.

2. profile image60
    jzcposted 8 years ago

It is just a pilgrimage from here to eternity. to endure the trials and hardships of this life and offer them up to god. suffer for him. honour him, love him and thank him for all that we are and have .to know there is a better place, and we must perservere in this life ( which is temporary ) to be with him in heaven forever.

3. yes2truth profile image59
    yes2truthposted 8 years ago

Who are you asking, the lost and unsaved or those Born Again and saved?

If you are asking the lost and unsaved, then the answer quite a few of them would give is, no, life isn't worth the bother with all the pain and suffering. That's why so many of them take their own lives.

If on the other hand you are asking a True Believer the same question, then pain and suffering along with what we might deem to be disappointment is all part of our carrying our crosses or all part of the Christian walk.

James says to count it all joy when we have to endure various temptations (correct translation = trials):

James 1:2-3 (KJV) My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

Only the Power of the Godhead in us i.e. the Holy Spirit can enable a man or woman to endure trials with joy.

4. Kebennett1 profile image60
    Kebennett1posted 8 years ago

I agree with Yes2 Truth. If you are a believer in God and believe that Jesus Christ is your Savior, you have everything in the Heaven to live for. God will help you with your trials on earth, trust in Him. Read the scriptures and you will find many passages that will give you hope.
    ."You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your word." Psalm 119: 114
    But if we hope for what is still unseen by us, we wait for it with patience and composure. Romans 8: 25
    Be strong and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for and hope for and expect the Lord! Psalm 31: 24
    And now, Lord, what do I wait for and expect? My hope and expectation are in You. Psalm 39: 7
    The Lord is my portion or share, says my living being (my inner self); therefore will I hope in Him and wait expectantly for Him. Lamentations 3: 24
    For whatever was thus written in former days was written for our instruction, that by [our steadfast and patient] endurance and the encouragement [drawn] from the Scriptures we might hold fast to and cherish hope. Romans 15: 4

5. tobey100 profile image61
    tobey100posted 8 years ago

Sure is.  Here's a great feed by Scott Young:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/pickthebrai … format=xml

Wish you'd add some comments to my Living or Existing? hub.  This is a great topic for sharing.

6. Jessay profile image80
    Jessayposted 8 years ago

You sound a bit depressed.  Have you considered talking to anyone?  This person could be a priest, therapist, friend or family member.  One word of caution.  People who have never been depressed typically have little understanding or compassion for someone who is depressed.  Their knee jerk reaction will be to tell you all the reasons you should not feel the way you feel.

I am sorry you are feeling hopeless.  Share your thoughts like you did here and with the people in your life.  Good luck.

7. GNelson profile image77
    GNelsonposted 8 years ago

Yes it is worth the bother!  You have to live!  Enjoy it!  It is a journey.  Every bit of it is joyful.  The ups and the downs make it the best trip you will ever have.  Explore, learn, love, laugh, grow, change, do, learn some more, keep going, then go some more.

8. primardie profile image63
    primardieposted 6 years ago

First of all, life is a gift. Is this just a question you thought about asking or is it because you are having some personal issues?  Whatever is bothering you, if at all, you should talk to someone and take a complete vitamin and mineral supplement.  You might be wondering why I say this, well...it's because many times the way we think, feel and behave is a direct result to a chemical imbalance in the body. For more information and a physician's desk reference go to:  visit: http://www.WhyLiquidVitamins.com.