jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is it safe to eat late at night?

1. Edwin Thomas profile image74
    Edwin Thomasposted 2 years ago

Is it safe to eat late at night?

2. Jeremy Gill profile image95
    Jeremy Gillposted 2 years ago

Do you mean eating out at fast food places and such at night? If so, then I believe it's riskier. Many criminals use the darkness of night for cover, and most restaurants have little in the way of security. If you're going to eat out late, I'd at least take a pocket knife or pepper spray for protection, and try and stay in a group. You never know when you'll need it.

Nutritionally, it's also not recommended to eat late; food metabolizes poorly during sleep. Many experts recommend you finish dining for the day between 6 and 8 p.m.

3. chuckandus6 profile image76
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

Eating before is not good for you and can cause sleep apnea which will make you stop breathing for short times during the night, also causes heartburn and weight gain

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

if you are just eating sanwiches or toast bread, oatmeal, it is alright but not oily fatty food such as ramen , fast food and burgers. Your tummy is shutting down to rest yet you are pumping food to make it work, I think the fats will go into your skin

5. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

It depends on when you go to sleep. If you eat at midnight, then go to sleep at two in the morning, you will probably be fine. You just want to avoid eating right before going to sleep because it will likely lead to heartburn and restless sleep.

6. Rachel L Alba profile image94
    Rachel L Albaposted 2 years ago

I'm not sure.  Maybe if you don't have a problem with heart burn or gaining weight, it is ok.  Why do mothers feed a bottle to the babies before putting them to sleep?  It's not the best idea for me or my husband because of the problems I mentioned, but for some it might be ok.