What is the correlation between attitude regarding money & attaining socioeconom

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

What is the correlation between attitude regarding money & attaining socioeconomic wealth?

Have you noticed that people who have negative attitudes about money are always struggling socioeconomically?

2. Say Yes To Life profile image81
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 2 years ago

Yes, I've noticed that!  People who see money in terms of all the things they CAN'T do with it tend to blow it, while those who consider all the things they CAN do with it tend to keep it and grow it.  Example:  my friend in the Pacific Northwest inherited a house from a boyfriend; she sold it and profited $20,000.  (That may not sound like much, but some people lose money on house sales!)  Even though she had debts, she didn't pay any of them off; instead, she blew it within a year.  Now, she risks being homeless.
    On the other hand, I have a friend who lives near Shreveport, LA.  She bought 4 houses costing $3500 each - that's a total of $14,000, a lot less than $20,000.  She lives in one, and rents out the other 3 for $300 a month each.  That, plus disability payments, enables her to live quite nicely.  Incidentally, this friend told me about The Secret; I've been using its principles of gratitude and looking for positives in all situations to improve my life.
    Anyway, it's obvious which one is wealthier!