jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the best way to ease the itch from a mosquito bite?

1. prettynutjob30 profile image91
    prettynutjob30posted 2 years ago

What is the best way to ease the itch from a mosquito bite?

These mosquitoes will not stop biting me, my legs are covered in bites, what is the quickest way to stop the itch?

2. mary615 profile image93
    mary615posted 2 years ago

I have a couple of Aloe plants growing.  Whenever I get a bite, I cut off a piece and rub the juice over the bite.  The itch is all gone!  Works for ant bites, too!

3. Jlbowden profile image91
    Jlbowdenposted 2 years ago

Lemon or lime juice will usually do the trick in stopping mosquito bites from itching.  Rub generously all over your bites.  Lemon and lime juice also act as a natural antibacterial.  If this method doesn't work, than try some tea leave or lavender oil mildly diluted Wiith water to reduce the acidity of the oils which can be highly acidic and harsh to some skin types.  Hope these methods help.

4. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

Yes aloe vera reduce the itch, either raw or gel

5. The Examiner-1 profile image73
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

After I scratch it a few times so that I know where it is, I use a finernail and press directly into it for about 30 seconds. It may take 2,  (or maybe 3), times but this stops the itching because it stops the poison from running up any farther.

6. chuckandus6 profile image75
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

i tried a bannana peel with a true skeptic point of view and it worked and it worked instantly and didnt itch again after. i was shocked that it was so simple and successful