my son has mosquito bites and it always itches him long after he has been bitten. bumps are all...
over his lower part of his leg. what can I do to stop this?
To prevent this from happening in the first place, try using an insect repellent spray, such as Off.
To treat this, I recommend putting After Bite on it. If you don't have that, a home made method is to rub a bar of soap over the bite.
You can find both almost anywhere.
Surprisingly growing up i always seemed to be the target of mosquitoes while everyone else went unscathed. Later on in life I found out that Psoriasis on some people can come up in the form of bumps resembling mosquito bites and would itch me like crazy. Not to say your son dose not have mosquito bites, just something interesting to consider if it seems to happen often.
Use a repellent, skin soft from Avon is said to work.
Use solarcain on the bites.
Long pants and a long-sleeve shirt might be called for if the mozzies get too bad.
A little bug spray will help. You could light some citronella candles around your son's play area outside.
For an all-natural alternative, I was told growing up that dried aspen bark actually acts as a natural insect repellent... I'd always rub some on me when camping ... not sure if it helped or not, but it didn't hurt.
Ir ead somewhere that putting unscented deodorant on the bite works. It's supposed to pull the poison out of the bite making it less itchy.
First key is prevention. Try using a spray like Off. Also, get rid of any standing water, or other things in your yard that may attract bugs. Then, if possible, have him wear loose, long clothing and avoid times of day when mosquitos are most prominent. After he comes in, immediately make him take a bath or shower, washing with a good antibacterial soap. This is key because they can carry infections and also, scratching at the areas can lead to a staph infection. Staph on his skin may itch and burn and cause large, painful bumps that ooze. After the bath, put soothing aloe gel, anti itch cream or something like After Bite on the area and try to prevent scratching! If you have to, cover the area with a bandage to keep little fingers off it! If he has a large reaction (lots of swelling, etc.) give him a dose of benadryl, appropriate to his size and age. He may be allergic to them. Yes, it's possible!
are you sure they're all mosie bites and not a rash?
i never get bitten, but then, i eat a lot of chocolate and sweets, sandfly's, mosquitos and other insects hate sweet blood..
my kids always were allowed chocolate and sweets, their teeth were always fine and they never got bitten, and if they did, was very few an far in between
failing feeding him up on yummy chocolate (which being a high form of antioxidants is very good for the heart), over here we have a product called betadine, its an iodine based ointment and works well on white tailed spider bites (which i've had numerous), bee stings, insect bites and stinging nettle itch (the one i hate the most)..
betadine is fantastic.
by annieloulaurel 7 years ago
Hi,I always have this problem ever since. I easily get bitten by mosquitoes, while my husband and daughter are not prone to it. What is it in me that those insects like? Does it have something to do with my blood? Please help!thanks,
by L.A. Walsh 8 years ago
Natural remedies for dealing with itchy mosquito bites
by ptosis 5 years ago
Allergic reaction to Deet Mosquito repellent – What is the cure?I never really used Mosquito spray before and use almost daily for 3 weeks - now breaking out on the exposed areas. Tried baking soda, antihistimines, aloe vera, cocoa butter to no avail. How long to heal?
by SuperheroSales 6 years ago
I was bitten by a cat in the last week and it got me thinking back over the years about all of the different things I've been bitten by over my lifetime and how many times I've been bitten. I want to know if this is normal or if I am just putting myself in awful situations.What have you been...
by KK Trainor 6 years ago
Have you ever been bitten by a dog?
by IzzyM 7 years ago
I'm appealing to anyone who lives in a warm climate to help me out. Something in my garden has plagued me the whole 7 years I've lived here in spain. It's very small (and my eyesight isn't too good - I wear glasses), it's dark in colour, and it draws blood when it bites. I don't know if it is a...
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|