jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the best way to ease a queasy stomach?

1. erinb62 profile image78
    erinb62posted 6 years ago

What is the best way to ease a queasy stomach?

2. Josh Lakie profile image55
    Josh Lakieposted 6 years ago

It may sound odd, but Vernors always helped me. My grandma gave it to me when I was real little and it worked, so ever since then I have done that.

3. alphagirl profile image80
    alphagirlposted 6 years ago

go to your market and get fresh ginger and grate enought for a tablespoon. Boil water with the ginger and make 2 cups/ You will have two cups of ginger tea. Add 1 tsp honey. Drink!

Ginger is anatural alternative to queasy, car sick and or just sour stomach.
    It kills the bacteria in the belly. Good luck.

4. Sue B. profile image98
    Sue B.posted 6 years ago

There are many ways people can ease a queasy stomach. Not all remedies work for all people or for all stomach aches. It is important to figure out why your stomach may be upset before deciding how best to settle your tummy.  Some remedies may upset your stomach even more if you do not select the appropriate remedy for the cause of your upset stomach.

It is important to see your medical professional first to ensure your upset stomach is not a symptom of a more serious condition. read more

5. KimmiS profile image56
    KimmiSposted 6 years ago

In addition to ginger, chamomile is a soothing herb, so some chamomile tea might help.

6. thoughtwoman profile image61
    thoughtwomanposted 6 years ago

I try several things, beginning with what I have already.

Like alphagirl below, I think ginger is a wonderful remedy for an upset tummy. Either use her recipe or get it in another form. I try to keep pickled or crystalized ginger on hand just in case. These can be bought in an Asian market.

I also use ginger beer. By this, I'm not referring to ginger ale. Get the good Jamaican ginger beer that has a bite to it. Again, you will probably only find this at a Whole Foods type place. This remedy does double duty for me. The carbonation helps me burp, which also seems to relieve me when my stomach is upset.

With that said, I also try Coke or Sprite with soda crackers. This was my grandma's favorite way to cure an upset stomach. Another thing she also tried was baking soda mixed in with water. Use about half a teaspoon in 8 oz. lukewarm water and drink.

7. Levertis Steele profile image85
    Levertis Steeleposted 6 years ago

Relax and sip cold Sprite, no substitutes. That has worked wonders for me many times for many years.

working