jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How many meals should be in a day ?

1. profile image60
    AyeshaKhan26posted 2 years ago

How many meals should be in a day ?

2. lisavanvorst profile image75
    lisavanvorstposted 2 years ago

Well that depends. For instance, people who have Diabetes eat more meals but of a smaller portion. Some countries have the main meal at lunch time. I believe Spain and Italy are two that do. In the United States we are a three meal society; breakfast (most important meal of the day, so they say), lunch and dinner. However, I myself never eat breakfast.
    Personally I think it all depends on the person. Many older adults will eat a big breakfast or lunch and a light supper.

3. Niecey Doc profile image77
    Niecey Docposted 2 years ago

I've always heard at least 3, but that optimal is 6 small meals

4. Ragini Vashya profile image61
    Ragini Vashyaposted 2 years ago

When I was in a meditation camp we eat only one full meal per day and other times just fruits.  That seems to be enough for our body.

5. m abdullah javed profile image77
    m abdullah javedposted 2 years ago

As said it varies from country to country and from person to person, the profession, ailments, weather conditions, working style..... do have there own impacts on food habits.For ex fishermen eat early morning before entering the sea, those who work on shift basis eat according to their duty timings.  Eating habits of elderly person are different from a pregnant or breastfeeding women.... The executive of a company and labour have different schedule of meals. So it can't be specifically pointed out but yes three times a day meals is by and large an acceptance in human society.  Whatever may be, when you eat, eat two morsels less as to keep yourself healthy and to take care of those who are poor, for them the question is not how many meals a day but how to get a stomachful meal, at least once a day.

6. thegecko profile image79
    thegeckoposted 2 years ago

Doesn't matter how many meals, just matters if you're eating when you need to smile