jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are the ways that Americans have lost their sense of a work ethic and havin

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

What are the ways that Americans have lost their sense of a work ethic and having a can do

attitude?  Do you further believe that American society and culture has become more entitled and far less dependent on a work ethic?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12132132_f260.jpg

2. lions44 profile image100
    lions44posted 2 years ago

It starts with the message that people are receiving both in the media and from our politicians.  There seems to be a constant drumbeat of hopelessness. "You can't beat the corporations."  or "American is owned by the rich."  Ridiculous.  It provides excuses for people to do nothing: don't vote, don't work, and don't contribute.  President Obama was supposed to bring a message of hope and the future, instead he has laid the groundwork for a generation of young people to have built in excuses (and I'm looking at you too Bernie Sanders).

3. Jeannieinabottle profile image90
    Jeannieinabottleposted 2 years ago

I think many people are disillusioned by the system.  Wages have barely gone up and people that are working full-time, and sometimes two full-time jobs, still can't manage to get by. It makes people give up hope.

Not to mention the recession really changed things.  I saw excellent workers laid off and mediocre workers kept on because they were related to a manager or brown-nosed their way to the top.  It sends a negative message to the workers that are still there.

4. Cornetor profile image60
    Cornetorposted 2 years ago

I having these day, sense of a work ethic is the basic knowledge.

working