jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Is a thigh gap something you are trying to achieve this year?

1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 2 years ago

Is a thigh gap something you are trying to achieve this year?

Its a fashion or fitness trend among younger women to slim down and have a wider space between the legs. This is supposedly considered sexy. What do you think  about this trend?

2. jlpark profile image84
    jlparkposted 2 years ago

Nope.

One's thighs aren't designed not to touch when one is upright.

Sexy? Not really. As a gay woman, I don't find it sexually appealing at all. I think it means yr too skinny.

But each to their own as long as they are healthy.

1. Stacie L profile image89
      Stacie Lposted 2 years agoin reply to this

some women are starving to achieve this look  or liposuction..:-(

3. Aime F profile image85
    Aime Fposted 2 years ago

Nope!  I am just trying to be healthy.

Just out of high school I was under 120lbs (I'm 5'7"), and I was too skinny.  Even then I didn't have a thigh gap.  It's not the way my body is built and I would have to be verrrrry unhealthy to achieve it.  Doesn't sound very sexy to me!

4. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

LOL.....Oh Stacy.  I absolutely HAD to laugh at this...and thank you, I needed a good laugh.
    When I focus on the things that are of importance to me and the challenges, projects or accomplishments on my ever-active agenda.....strange as it may seem, "a thigh gap" could have never even entered my mind. 
    Further...for the life of me, IF in fact this coveted thigh gap promises young women to be slimmer, better proportioned & "feel sexy".....I cannot imagine what purposes they have in mind for their intelligence, self-worth & personality.  I can only believe they already have a GAP.  The one between their ears...............Further, IMHO as an "older woman," I tend to advise the younger generation that they might want to practice keeping their THIGHS together more often!.....LMAO.  Peace, Paula

working