jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Will we ever cure Cancer?

1. profile image56
    Canucks goalposted 2 years ago

Will we ever cure Cancer?

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image31
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years ago

Not as long as it is too profitable to provide life long, expensive drugs.
    I believe that there is one solution that will cure all forms of cancer, the only difference is where the cancer lands.

It may be as simple or complex as fixing our DNA to restore our immune system.
    My opinion.

1. Michaela Osiecki profile image78
      Michaela Osieckiposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That's a good point. Cancer treatment is too profitable a business to actually cure. We live in a nasty world.

3. lisavollrath profile image97
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

I can tell by the marble walls, beautiful lighting fixtures, comfortable furniture, and beautifully appointed chemo suites at my oncologist's new office building that there's a ton of money in treating cancer.

Unless the cure can be equally lucrative to the ongoing treatment, I'm afraid cancer will never see a cure.

The one way this will change: if health care is no longer a corporate, for-profit business. It took me, without insurance, three long, money-focused phone calls, plus the intervention of the doctor who referred me, to get the first appointment with my oncologist. He's a great doctor, but his corporate-controlled practice is focused on making money, not saving lives.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12830015_f260.jpg

There is no money to be made in creating a cure!
    The real money to be made is in "maintenance drugs" that require prescription renewals. If we had this mindset many years ago there would be no cure for Polio today.
    In the U.S. pharmaceutical companies spend millions of dollars on TV and print advertising in attempt to get (consumers) to approach or persuade their doctors to write prescriptions to try new drugs!
    It's not in the best interest for pharmaceutical companies to develop cures. If there ever is a cure it will come from a country where drugs are developed under a government or by maverick independent billionaires looking to establish a legacy.
    Odds are we'll figure out a way to put a man on Mars before there is a cure for cancer!

working