Do you believe that children who come from lower socioeconomic backgrounds i.e.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

Do you believe that children who come from lower socioeconomic backgrounds i.e. lower, working,

& lower middle socioeconomic class backgrounds WON'T become successful NOWADAYS in America? Is the phenomena rags to riches, a thing of the past?Children from lower socioeconomic classes have a VERY SCANT or NO chance of ever becoming successful in America today. It doesn't matter how smart they are, they are, in essence, doomed by their birth.  They are being locked into their respective socioeconomic classes of their birth.  It seems that only upper middle & upper class children are the ones who SUCCEED NOWADAYS in America.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12211785_f260.jpg

2. ElvisaM profile image80
    ElvisaMposted 2 years ago

You are somewhat correct. Some, no matter how smart they are will never grow up and advance to becoming successful. Part of the problem is the bias views of the employees. For example, I am a Latin woman and grew up in the ghetto of Houston TX. Naturally, I have an accent and live in a very poor neighborhood. I go to an interview and I will be judged based on my appearance, accent, pronunciation of my name, the ghetto schools I graduated from. This is a reality for so many. Eventually, those people give up and learn to live with the unfair hand they are dealt. It might not always be about biased views but when you have someone Like D. Trump talking trash about a minority, people react. His followers do, as have many throughout history.

working