jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

What are some of the ways you use essential oils?

1. annasmom profile image77
    annasmomposted 23 months ago

What are some of the ways you use essential oils?

I am just starting to explore the uses of essential oils.  I love the way a diffuser makes a room smell.  Now I want to learn more about the oils as an alternative to western medicine.

2. Denis Lubojanski profile image42
    Denis Lubojanskiposted 23 months ago

1. INHALATIONS
    2. BATHS
    3. COMPRESSES
    4. FACIAL STEAM
    5. MASSAGE

annasmomposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Thanks Denis!  I am just learning about them and trying to find recipes and usages.  I was surprised that some of these oils are actually ingested.  I am first going to try mixing them and putting in the little roller ball vials for perfume and mood.

3. MonetteforJack profile image72
    MonetteforJackposted 23 months ago

Similarly, I am also starting to use essential oils. I am doing research on it. I learned that some essential oils have multi-uses both medicinal and for pleasure. There are some essential oils that can be use in and about the house as cleanser, treatment and/or preservation, and polisher for furniture and other house fixtures, and prevent pests and insects.

I went on some sites to help me learn and purchase the essential oils I need:
    youngliving.com
    doTerra.com 
    aromaweb.com
    rockymountainoils.com

Thanks for the websites.  I checked out doTerra so far...pretty pricey.  I bought my first nine oils at a local whole foods store.  I am going to try to mix the with a carrier oil and make fragrances.  I also want to make shampoo and soap.

2. MonetteforJack profile image72
      MonetteforJackposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Yes, doTerra is expensive. I like their site because I can click on the oil and a pop-up thought would say the uses of it.

3. annasmom profile image77

Do you have to join doTerra to use this site?  I am going to check.

4. MonetteforJack profile image72

No you don't have to be a member. Just click on the PRODUCTS page and go to the Single Oils. Put your mouse on the essential oil you like and click and a pop up thought will open.

5. annasmom profile image77

Thank you so much!

6. MonetteforJack profile image72

Welcome, annasmom!

4. Michaela Osiecki profile image79
    Michaela Osieckiposted 23 months ago

Whatever you do, essential oils are NOT for consumption, not even if you try to dilute them with water - it won't be enough. Like one drop needs more then 8 gallons to be made relatively non-toxic, and even then you'll have digestive problems. So yeah.....

If you want to use them for baths, don't add drops directly to the water, trying mixing a drop or two with epsom salts first so that they'll dilute and not just sit on top of the bath water.

Most importantly, less is more.

Michalea, Thanks for the input.  I have a friend that is trying to get me to join doTerra...and I know they use oils in food and smoothies etc.  But I was a little confused by the doTerra claim that their oils were certified..

working