jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What is your methods to ignore a bad memory?

1. rolaabboud profile image81
    rolaabboudposted 21 months ago

What is your methods to ignore a bad memory?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13015123_f260.jpg

2. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 21 months ago

Don't dwell on the thought that you might have a bad memory.   

Actually, no one has a bad memory - assuming that they are not suffering from a degenerative disease - what is really letting them down is 'speed of recall.'   All the experiences are in there, including a lot you were not even aware of experiences, because they occurred below your level of conscious awareness.    Regressive hypnotherapy is proof of this.

Do not become alarmed if you find it harder to recall names, for example.   It means that the brain processes have slowed a little, not that they have 'given up.'

One of the worst things you can do is berate yourself emotionally about  your memory not being as good as it used to be.   Remember, the subconscious takes what you say seriously.   If you say your memory isn't as good as it used to be often enough, and with enough emotion, it will obey.    Your subconscious will ensure you get what you're saying it is:  not as good as it used to be.

Be very careful of the thoughts you feed your mind.

rolaabboudposted 21 months agoin reply to this

I didn't imagine that I would receive such a useful comment. I thank you for every information you delivered to me. smile ..... The best answer.

3. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 21 months ago

Ignore? I agree with Tom at task is not a bad memory it is the ability to recall stored memory. Memory is an interesting study and is a fun adventure of learning. There are different types of memory. The basic forms are sensory, short-term / working, and long term. Long term is the most complex. For each there are methods to improve recall as well as imprint to help facilitate better recall. Again, a fun and interesting research/study if interested. 

That said my memory is impaired with recall ability by a medication I take. It affects short term or working memory. I don't ignore that I plan for it. My recall ability for long term is affected too. I experienced amnesia both retrograde and anterograde back in '78. Long story of the entirety of the experience regard the many types of long term memory. And, with my age (62) I experience the normal aging process affecting short and long term memory. I plan for all of those.

1. Tusitala Tom profile image62
      Tusitala Tomposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Thanks for your support and explanation, Tim.  Yes, short and longterm memory are not as 'astute,' if I might put it that way as our bodies age.  Being aware of it, but not being 'upset' by it helps a great deal.  Thanks again.

4. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 21 months ago

My dad had a bad memory, he said gingko bibola helped him to remember better.
    Furthermore, you need to destress yourself, too much pressure, you tend to forget

rolaabboudposted 21 months agoin reply to this

gingko bibola ?! okay, this is new for me, how did he used to take it? Bills, beverage or what?

working