jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Can a man be happier than his wife?

1. nnms profile image81
    nnmsposted 20 months ago

Can a man be happier than his wife?

2. Besarien profile image87
    Besarienposted 20 months ago

It is possible! A woman I met recently was a nurse doing tours in Afghanistan whilst her husband stayed home teaching at an elementary school and looking after their two kids. He worried and missed her of course, but was probably much happier than she was while she was far from home and her family, living in a tent in a war zone, dealing  with some of the worst injuries imaginable day after day.

3. Au fait profile image93
    Au faitposted 20 months ago

Study after study shows, and have shown for many years, that women are happier single, and men are happier married.

4. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 20 months ago

SM....I'm guessing your question might be in reference to the saying: "Ain't nobody happy if Mama ain't happy?"   Since you didn't add a clarification to your question, I'm not sure how to answer this.
    However, I will certainly echo Au Fait's comment, first of all because it's accurate and also because it's easy to explain & understand.
    Marriage and family dynamics have changed radically since "my day"....(if you'll forgive any reference to June Cleaver) Oh God, what were we thinking?
    However, it's reasonable to understand that men would be happier than his wife, due strictly to the fact that he HAS a wife.   That's pretty simple. If you're having difficulty, just read it again! LOL