jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What did you want to be when you were a little kid growing up?

1. PhoenixV profile image72
    PhoenixVposted 19 months ago

What did you want to be when you were a little kid growing up?

2. Paxash profile image96
    Paxashposted 19 months ago

I wanted to be either a vet or a writer. Turns out I'm too squeamish and get too attached to be a vet. I'm still working on the writer thing.

3. Ann810 profile image80
    Ann810posted 19 months ago

As a child I wanted to be a Teacher and a Cosmetologist. But I became a Phlebotomist and Writer instead. I still notice in some ways I teach in a different form, also I notice that I'm a Hair Stylist in a different form. Purpose can still make a person become fulfilled in some way.

4. WordCrafter09 profile image78
    WordCrafter09posted 19 months ago

In spite of a having had a  nice family and a happy enough childhood, I wanted to be grown up when I was a little kid.  So I suppose it was kind of a matter of, "I'm happy enough for now, being a grown-up is a long way off (so I don't have to think about it yet)   I suppose when I was (again) a LITTLE kid I just saw being a little kid as a good thing to be but also being a grown-up as a good thing thing to be.

The house was peaceful, and my parents were kind; so I didn't see anything bad about being a grown-up.  The other thing was, though, I didn't feel like being a little kid meant being helpless and/or being on the receiving end of bully-parents.  (So I didn't have the thing, "I can't want to be grown up so I can be bully smaller people.  I wanted to make that clear because I think many, many, people view being a grown-up as essentially getting to bully other people.)

5. gregas profile image80
    gregasposted 19 months ago

When I was a kid I really never had a desire to be anything special. I do remember at one point wanting to be a police officer. I was born in Colorado on a farm in the country. My mom and dad divorced when I was about 4. My mom moved us to California at age 6. I have wished I had been able to live in Colorado and had the chance to grow up to be a cowboy. I still wish that today. At age 69 I guess I can say I still haven't grown up. "I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up." Whether that answers your question or not I don't know, but that is my feeling on the subject. Greg.

6. Jacqueline4390 profile image87
    Jacqueline4390posted 19 months ago

When I was a child I wanted to be a writer. I loved reading books and would do so every chance I got. Now I am a published author and I am extremely happy about it!

7. The0NatureBoy profile image46
    The0NatureBoyposted 18 months ago

The one memory of my most cherished desire I had as a child -- I only told a few people prior to becoming the nomad -- was "to be as free as a deer" and I lived many of my 40 years as the nomad.  I have always hated being controlled by other man, I've alway felt my "birthright" is to be in control of my own life and it took living it to understand the definition of "free."