jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What ways are the majority of people slaves instead of being fully realized, pow

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 19 months ago

What ways are the majority of people slaves instead of being fully realized, powerful persons?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12106663_f260.jpg

2. Alessio Ganci profile image63
    Alessio Ganciposted 19 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13150266_f260.jpg

I think most of them are too lazy to try to fully realize themselves... At the end,  having money to eat and feed up your family, in addition to having your friends seems to be more than enough for many people,  so that they accept everything else: maybe they think like "OK I have these good things in life,  why do I need to get more?"

In addition to being lazy,  I also add fear as a possible element: many people may have fear of becoming powerful,  and so they accept that someone else gains the power,  as they feel safe it is in another hands.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Great analytical synopsis of the sheeple among us.  Most people are inculcated to be slaves, first by their parents who want blind obedience.  This is followed by our "educational" i.e. indoctrination system, then religion, & subsequently work.

3. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 18 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12922673_f260.jpg

People are inculcated to be obedient slaves from childhood.  People are constantly being told to conform & be accepted.  While it's good to stand out & be individuals..........but within....LIMITS.   Children who are obedient slaves are considered to be likeable by parents, teachers, & other adult authority figures.  Such children are considered to be mannerly, well-behaved & held as examples for other children to follow, particularly those who are considered to be more problematic.

Besides parents & teachers, religion also emphasizes blind obedience.  Obedient people are view good to the religious status quo.  Like obedient children, obedient people in the religious view are considered to be behavioral models, hence acceptable especially to a Supreme Being.  People are inculcated to be obedient slaves through familial, educational, & religious systems because there is mass reward in being obedient slaves.  People who are obedient slaves are viewed as good children, students, & eventually employees.

People are inculcated to be obedient slaves because it is much easier for them to be controlled by THE POWERS THAT BE who want followers in order for them to remain in control.  People are further inculcated to be obedient slaves because it is safe & comfortable.  People who are nonconformist are seen as threatening, even problematic.  Such people can't be managed by the authorities.

People also see that there is little or no reward in being a nonconformist & an individual who follows his/her own path.  People know that such people, unless they are lucky, have an arduous uphill road to establish themselves.  It is FAR EASIER for people to follow the road most travelled instead of the road least travelled.  Many people live the gray of utter monotonous, mindlessly following tradition as far as their work, religious, & other forms of lifestyles.  They are just going through the motions of living analogous to a puppet w/someone pulling the strings.  They really aren't individuals living a full life but only carbon copies of others just playing roles in their lives much to their utter disdainful regret.  However, regrets usually come.....FAR TOO LATE.

working