jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)

Are You A Slave to Your Habits?

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image75
    AdsenseStrategiesposted 7 years ago

I don't mean things like smoking, or eating sticky cakes roll . I mean are there things you do automatically every day just purely out of routine.

Is Hubpages one of your habits... is it an adddddiction....

Are some habits good for you...

1. Arthur Fontes profile image84
      Arthur Fontesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Bathing and teeth brushing are habits that would be beneficial.

2. kimbaustin profile image57
      kimbaustinposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes I think all my electronic crutches are habits...my computer, my iphone, my kindle.  If one goes down, I panic.  Then I look around and realize it's not just me.  I see groups of people "hanging out together" in person, socializing but 1/2 to 3/4 of the group are texting.  I sit in business meetings where people text.  It's maddening.  Then there are the social networks.  Sometimes I just have to turn it all off, be alone with my thoughts and remind myself I am human.

2. marcel285 profile image67
    marcel285posted 7 years ago

hubpages is my sole addiction..Ceckin my account, loggin in and loggin out..Constantly!! On average, i spend about 6 hours a day on hubpages!

I got up at 7 this morning, it's now 12:00, and i have only moved from the computer to get food and cups of tea.

AdsenseStrategiesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Ohhhh you Antipodean smile

3. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

Does cracking my knuckles count? I try to stop but I have started at a young age that I do it out of habit now.. sad Oh and my neck too

1. dave272727 profile image60
      dave272727posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Me too!! 
      I dip tobacco...  I started that when I "quit" smoking.  I guess I basically traded one for the other.  I have one or two dips a day. 
      I have a habit of going to reddit.com and looking at the NSFW pictures too, but I think that is just because I am stuck on a boat with all dudes.

4. marcel285 profile image67

Antipodean, I had to look that word up Adsense! Yes, that i am.

Well, for it to be lunchtime there... do you have a half-hour time zone too, like us? It is 10pm here.

(and what DAY is it where you are......)

5. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago

a few, but mostly not.

6. marcel285 profile image67

Yeah, traditionally our lunch time is 12- 12.30. It is Tuesday here. Where are you, what day is it?

Im in Aussie though, NZ is my home. Australia is 2 hours ahead of NZ.

Greetings from Monday! I won't broadcast my location (in case of assassins sent from Mordor, I know you in New Zealand know all about that...), but check it out on my profile. But you didn't answer my question... do you have a half-hour time zone

2. AdsenseStrategies profile image75

Do New Zealanders make fun of your Australian accent sad

7. marcel285 profile image67

I don't have an australian accent!! NEVER!! i have a very strong kiwi accent, when i talk to an aussie, they always say, 'oh your from NZ arn't you?'

I don't really understand what you mean by half hour time zone?

Yes something like this happens to me when I am in England. I have lived in Canada for so long that people in England say 'oh your from NZ aren't you?' wink
      I'm not kidding, or Ireland, or South Africa, or France, or Wales, or Germany, or Zimbabwe... I guess my accent is flavoured enough not to be "obviously" English... although everyone in my home town here in Canada asks me where I am from too (though they are assuming England in their heads... I can feel it.)

I am in a half-hour time zone. It is 8:30 in New York, and 1:30 in London, but 10pm here... we're half-an-hour "off"

1. marcel285 profile image67
        marcel285posted 7 years agoin reply to this

oh i see, no it's not that here.

8. marcel285 profile image67

Excuse my arrogance, for not checking myself!- Your country of origin.

You might be surprised to know that Kiwis and Aussies don't get along!!!

I'm not surprised in the least. Canadians cannot stand being mistaken for Americans. I don't think Americans think about Canadians very much at all, however......

9. profile image0
    Millionheirposted 7 years ago

I don't think I am a slave. My life's too disorganized for that!

working