If you were born into lower socioeconomic circumstances & became very successful

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 12 months ago

If you were born into lower socioeconomic circumstances & became very successful, what motivated

you to becoming successful?  What words of advice would you give a poor youth who wants to attain high levels of success?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13392781_f260.jpg

2. PegCole17 profile image98
    PegCole17posted 12 months ago

Step away from the ninety percent who would rather complain than do something about their situation. It's a paraphrase from a mentor whose words catapulted me from a mediocre salary to nearly six figures. That may not be considered highly successful, but to me it was.
    I was stuck taking low paying jobs despite knowing I could do much more complicated things than type other people's words or run a copy machine. Punching in and punching out on a time clock wasn't getting me where I wanted to go.
    My mentor, Jim Rohn, said, "If you want to be happy, study people who are happy." What do they do? How do they achieve happiness? What does it take? He also said, "If you want to be successful, make a study of success." What is success to you? Is it financial freedom from the drudgery of an eighty-hour work week? Is it buying a home? Is it having money in a savings account?
    Determine where it is you want to go and what it is that you need in order to be happy, then, plot a path to get there. Does it take more education? Does it require studying on your own time? Does it require a better attitude? Find out, write it down, set a time frame in which you wish to accomplish these things, then go for it.

working