jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

I was told by my relation that mites are biting her and coming out of private p

1. carolannsmith63 profile image60
    carolannsmith63posted 8 months ago

I was told by my  relation that mites are biting her and coming out of private parts. ??

can this happen?  if so  what is name of this > and how did it happen to begin with.  I need to know how to help her..

2. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 8 months ago

Sounds like crabs. aka pubic lice. Tell her to go to the drug store, and get an over the counter pubic lice treatment. Any sexual partners she has should also do the same. She should also wash all towels and bedding, and use fresh ones until the treatment is finished, and the lice and their nits are gone.

It's a good idea to go to the doctor once the treatment is done, to get tested for other STDs. Often, where there are crabs, there are other sexually transmitted problems, as well.

carolannsmith63posted 8 months agoin reply to this

that was my thought too  in the 70s they call them the clap..  but i wil try to get her to go to er and get treatment.  whatever it is..  Thank you for your feedback on my question to this .

2. lisavollrath profile image96
      lisavollrathposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Just so you know: the clap is a euphemism for gonorrhea, which is a totally different STD. Your friend probably has crabs.

3. ptosis profile image81
      ptosisposted 8 months agoin reply to this

pretty much have to wash everything at the same time with all other members of the household.

3. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 8 months ago

That sounds like pubic lice. She needs to talk to a doctor because if she has those, an STD is also likely.

carolannsmith63posted 8 months agoin reply to this

wow i never heard of lice being in private areas.  thanks all of you for your help on this

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image80
      LoisRyan13903posted 8 months agoin reply to this

Crabs is very easy to catch especially if you use public bathrooms-doesn't always mean std. but treat yourself as well

4. carolannsmith63 profile image60
    carolannsmith63posted 8 months ago

makes me sick to think of this.  is that syphllis or how ever it is spelled.  isnt that part of stds.  thank God i never had stds.  i know for a fact this has been going on since christmas time that i know of.

working