BAD CIRCULATION

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (19 posts)
  1. lady luck profile image70
    lady luckposted 15 years ago

HI,

I FEEL LIKE MY LEAST FAVORITE HUB IS MY ONE ON BAD CIRCULATION, CAN YOU CHECK IT OUT AND MAKE SOME SUGGESTIONS?!!?

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-deal-wit … rculation-

THANKS!

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Are you going to announce every new hub of yours on forums?

3. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

At least CP is learning . She didn't put a link in her last announcement big_smile

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

I still flagged it as spam big_smile

5. Mark Knowles profile image58

LOL

6. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

The whole purpose of the post was to attract attention to her hub - it meets definition I think big_smile

7. Mark Knowles profile image58

Once again, we are in full accord big_smile

8. lady luck profile image70

woah, you guys are rude. I posted the CP link because its IMPORTANT  and I was disgusted when I saw how many people google it.

And I posted the circulation one because I dont know very much about it and I was hoping to get feedback so I could flesh it out more, but I guess not.

9. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

I think it is a misunderstanding here. CP=College Politico, and the whole discussion refers to her posts, not yours. The only post that refers to you here is my first question.

I am sorry it came out that way, we did not mean it. I apologize for that and I think Mark will join me in apologies when he wakes up (he is in France).

10. lady luck profile image70

No, you flagged my hub as spam.  I dont announce my hubs. I just read other forums and people link to their hubs all of the time. You two are ganging up on me, pick on someone else. I haven't been disrespectful to you what so ever. If you want to continue to leave me snarky comments,  Ill give you my phone number and you can call me like an ADULT and dish your BS out to me one on one.

And I know you marked my post as spam, because I just looked and it got taken down. I just read a bunch of other posts from other users that link to their hubs.... are you going to mark THEM as spam? It seems like that would only be fair.

I highly recommend that you two find someone else to patronize.

11. lady luck profile image70

Oh and, moving forward, just so that there aren't any "misunderstandings" you might not want to talk crap about other people on the forums, especially in my post, because its rude and immature. Grow up and find something else better to do than back bite and act like the hubpages police.

12. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

When you cool down, you will be ashamed with your posts...

13. lady luck profile image70

No I absolutely will not be ashamed. I am sticking up for myself. You were picking on me with your snarky original comment and then you proceeded to talk crap about someone else on hubpages?

You should be ashamed of yourself.

14. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Yes, I was pointing out to you that what you do is not acceptable here. When you did it for the first time, your trick went through. Second time I was giving you a friendly warning. As far as I remember I did not flag any of your hubs or posts.

We have many thousand hubbers here, and if everyone starts promoting their hubs on forums, forums become cluttered and useless. That is why we do not let people do this. Nothing personal.

15. lady luck profile image70

I WASNT PROMOTING MY HUB.

I thought it was a SERIOUS and IMPORTANT situation that people needed to read about. I wasn't posting it just to up my traffic.

And as far as this hub, I was looking for feedback.

IF i was spamming I would be posting all of my hubs all of the time which i do not do... people are POSTING THEIR HUBS ALL OVER THIS FORUM, SO I HOPE YOU MARK THEM AS SPAM TOO BECAUSE OTHERWISE YOURE JUST PICKING ON ME FOR NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO REASON.

16. lady luck profile image70

"Stick to the Topic: Please stay on the thread’s topic when replying to an existing thread. If you don’t see an open thread about something you’d like to discuss, please open a new thread.
    Respect: Please maintain respect for other Hubbers, even if you don’t necessarily agree with them. Keep your language clean and don’t make personal attacks.
    Be Helpful and Supportive: We’re all here to learn, so please be constructive when providing feedback.
    Spread the Word: Encourage Hubbers seeking help to visit the Forum to discuss."

I was asking for feedback, and I dont see you following any of the above forum rules...and by the way, the forum rules talk about promoting OTHER SITES and AFFILIATE links, I wasnt PROMOTING My hubs at all, I see people linking to their hubs all over the place. Do you want me to give you a list so you can leave them snarky comments and get their posts removed?

17. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

You caught me on a way to bed smile

I did apologize already for discussing another hubber here and confusing you. I can't do anything else in this regard.

As for other people posting links to their hubs - there is a difference between posting relevant links to illustrate the point or provide extra information in existing thread and opening a new thread to post the link. Former is fine, later is not.

OK, I'm finally done for today, good night smile

PS If you want to delete some of your posts, there is a delete button on them. And I like your new avatar smile

18. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

Lady luck,

Yes, people post links to their Hubs on the forum a lot.  They get flagged a lot, too!

Other forums may be different, but on HubPages it's generally frowned on to start a new thread with the express purpose of linking to one of your Hubs. It just looks too much like spamming and gets people's backs up.  Search back in the forums and you'll find you're by no means the only person to get a bit of sarcasm in response.

Adding a link to a post in response to someone else's enquiry - e.g. if someone asks for information and you have a relevant Hub - is absolutely fine.  You'll see lots of examples around the forum.

We've suggested before that perhaps there should be a forum section where people can post Hubs to get feedback.  Then there can be no confusion about what's spamming and what's a genuine request for advice.  Maybe it's worth thinking about again.

19. lady luck profile image70

There SHOULD be a forum for people who want feedback because my intention was not to spam what so ever and Im peeved at the amount of immaturity displayed in reaction to it.

I didnt realize it was frowned upon to look for feedback.

Its not like the only things that i post have my hub links in them. I make other posts too. If all I was doing was posting links THEN I would see how it could be SPAM.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)