jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Cheat Days?

1. healthyfitfamily profile image59
    healthyfitfamilyposted 6 years ago

I just wrote a hub about cheat days and wanted to know what others think about having cheat days. Also, what is your favorite food to cheat with? I have a very love/hate relationship with butter pecan ice cream!

1. kmackey32 profile image64
      kmackey32posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I eat anything...... forget a diet, i dont believe in those, for me anyhow.....lol

2. Greek One profile image73
      Greek Oneposted 6 years agoin reply to this

there is no way I can have cheat days.. I promised to be loyal to my wife 24/7

2. healthyfitfamily profile image59
    healthyfitfamilyposted 6 years ago

Awe don't say that. I have trained a lot of people who, after having medical problems as serious as CVD, were told by a doctor to change their lifestyle or else. But to each their own... lol.

1. kmackey32 profile image64
      kmackey32posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yea I weigh 105 lbs at 5/3...dont think i need a diet, I try to put weight on...

1. healthyfitfamily profile image59
        healthyfitfamilyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Ok... I hear you. However, not to spoil the party but... skinny is often mistaken for fit. I am 5'11 185, about 7% body fat. I am not on a diet, but I eat healthy. You should research all the new studies on people who are skinny not realizing that their arteries are clogged with plaque. That plaque build up is what leads to CVD's and Strokes. I guess I just think everyone needs to be responsible eaters.

3. tomashuhart75 profile image60
    tomashuhart75posted 6 years ago

I believe everyone cracks now and then and gives into temptation.  Having an organized cheat day every now and then can boost morale and keep the individual focused on their goal if they know they can receive a "prize" for their hard work.  Some may have a cheat day, but I would suggest a cheat "window".  The window being a frame of time, maybe 3 hours or so, where that individual can literally eat whatever they want.  Chances are they will be glutonous and fill up very quickly on their food of choosing.  Soon enough that window will be closed and they will resume with their previous diet without having gone too much higher than their prescribed daily caloric intake but will still have gorged themself on some yummy treats.  just a suggestion.

working