I miss my mum...

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (21 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Marie-AnneLeClercposted 12 years ago

Late 2010 my mum was diagnosed with liver cancer, no-one knew exactly how long she would have to live.  Dr's estimated a few weeks to maybe a couple of months... It turned out to be nearly 12 months. My older sister and I had another Easter, birthday and one last Christmas with my mum that I shall never forget...

My mother was placed within hospice care January of this year 2011. It then became a huge impact of the reality of the illness that she tried to battle for a great length of time..  I was with her regularly and then every night with her in her last few weeks...

The night that she was due to go she passed away in my arms... I will never forget this...  God I miss her soooo much! I love her sooo much and I wish she Never had to go! We were so close I loved her very much! 

I am trying to get over this but it is very hard...  My mum passed away Feburary this year 2011, its been 5 months and still I cannot believe she has gone... I know that sometime I will have to get over this...

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My mother died 12 years ago and i still miss her.

2. AEvans profile image70
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Marie,

My mom passed away August 21,2010. Five months prior to yours. There are so many here that are supportive and they got me through my first few months. I would recommend grief support, I am still going through it. Write about her, I did about my mom. Keep a diary of your feelings, thoughts and emotions everyday, you will be able to reflect on that diary and you will be able to see how far you have came as the months pass. Your emotions are fresh and if at anytime you just wish to send an e-mail or vent because of the sorrow I am here and so are so many others to listen. The days ahead will be better, but just take one day a time. (((Big Hugs))) and hang in there.

3. proactrdv profile image61
      proactrdvposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There is absolutely no way that i find any words to console you. Yes I lost my mom also when I was 3 and I always tell people to make the best out of life with the people that are very dear to them. No person can ever replace your mom but the memories will always be there. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to you. Keep love alive.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

..no need to 'get over it'...she was your mom....and you were there...sometime later the hard memories will fade abit or be tucked away allowing the good ones to shine on forever and bring a smile to your face...

Peace Marie....

1. profile image0
      Marie-AnneLeClercposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thankyou - SomewayouttaHere, its very warm & touching what you have to say thanks again....

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

My father left us about 15 years ago after a short illness, at home and surrounded by his family.

Over time the grief and pain of loss has faded, but I still miss him and the sadness has not left.  There is seldom a day that I don't think of him.

Your feelings become you, Marie - accept them as a part of you now.  Listen to your memories - you Mum lives on in them and they are not something you would want to lose however much they might still hurt.

1. profile image0

Thank you all for replying so quickly as I am full of grief, @ wildrness you have really hit the spot, thank you.  Though my mum was a very devout catholic and I kind of wonder why she hasn't  sent some sort of message to me...  My last words were -  I Love You and Come to visit me when your in Heaven< Her eyes then looked at me and then moved upwards and that was it...   I have heard her voice clearly call my name one night about  one month ago... I could not believe it - but I know I heard it Loud and clear and in her acent and tone of voice it was clear as day...  Perhaps this was her message from the other side... i doubt that I was imagining things as I hadn't been drinking nor do i take drugs nor am I suffering from  a mental illness...

2. profile image0

Thanks wilderness,  your words have a strong affect upon me as I'm so sensitive.  Your words are very beautiful thank you for helping...

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

My relationship with my father wasn't the greatest, but to me it was meaningful. He didn't die in my arms, but I wished he had. I wrote a hub about my father, if you want to learn more about it.

However, it took me at least a couple of years, before I could go on without missing him, in some sense. He died of Cancer and was in the hospital next to my high school, and it wasn't easy for me, considering I was 17 at the time.

Please mourn, get your release, accept that she is gone now and that you must move forward with your life. Your mother would not want you wallowing in pity(self or otherwise), for too long. I know it's difficult, but it is something you must do.

Good luck going forward. smile

1. profile image0

Thank you Cagsil, I'm sorry to hear that you were only 17, though this also happened to me too  my dad  passed when I was 16. ... and yes that was tough too... Anyway that goes back to --- waaaay back --- no need to go back there!  -Thanks for your care and advice....

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome. smile

5. sofs profile image77
    sofsposted 12 years ago

It must be really hard for you, I can understand that. I am so sorry for your loss. You are so blessed to have loved and taken care of your Mom. Look back at the times of joy and happiness that you have had in her company and how that extended lease of life had given you enough time to say and do all you could to make her happy.Count your blessings even as you miss her.
    Maybe write about her and the times that you have had, all this will lessen the pain and leave you feeling blessed.
    My best wishes to you.

1. profile image0

Thank you - I am trying believe me, its just very hard, but I know I have too let go......

1. sofs profile image77
        sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am sure you do.. time heals all things.. just live each day well.  God Bless You Marie.

1. Obscure_Treasures profile image57
          Obscure_Treasuresposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I miss her every second in my life.......

1. profile image0

Hello O_T  - will have a look at yr profile...

6. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 12 years ago

I'm sorry for your loss.  Five months is only a very short time ago, and the emotions will still be raw.  When losing someone so close, the sadness will always be there, but over time, the pain will become less, although there will always be moments when you will think of your mom, and the emotions will come back.  This just shows how much you loved your mom and it is only natural that your her loss will leave a big hole in your life. Keep thinking of the happy memories, rather than of your mom's illness.

1. profile image0

Thanks so much Sherlock221b - its so true what you say... the memories will always remain for they are a deep part of myself as well as my mother.  The bond can never be severed when you are that close it  certainly does last forever... and yes I will always keep on thinking of the wonderful things that she shared in much loving memory.

1. profile image0

I would also like to say and this is a bit off topic but its awfully late down here & I have to go to bed...  Thanks all for your wonderful support...
        I really appreciate all the kindness & support.... smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)