fucklife

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (19 posts)
  1. profile image58
    arrio1ofuzposted 12 years ago

suicide make sense

1. nightwork4 profile image61
      nightwork4posted 12 years agoin reply to this

if you say so. i personally think it is a cowards way out but i won't try to talk you out of it. i bet you are looking for attention more then anything and even if you aren't, what you do with your life is up to you.

2. MikeNV profile image66
      MikeNVposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are only going to get a bunch of do gooder replies.  So what is the point in your posting?

2. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 12 years ago

suicide never makes sense. It hurts those left behind and ignores the fact that life changes all the time. What ever it is that drives you to feel suicidal today may well be gone when life's many changes happens again. I spent the years between 7 (first clear thought of suicide, promised myself I would die at 18 or earlier) to 24 with suicidal thoughts. I made so many attempts I lost count. I am so grateful I didn't get what I wanted tho, because my life has changed, by so much as to be totally different from what it was. I now am married to a man who loves me, have a job I enjoy and sell my art online. That last one is beyond amazing to me, I never would have thought the internet would allow me to successfully sell my art. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. All problems are temporary, even if only because the longest life lived is still just a temporary thing. My adopted mom found her mother after her suicide. My adopted mom grew up with her dad blaming her, she of course blamed him. Much later in life her only biological daughter killed herself and anything in her that was a 'mom' died. We had our relationship fall apart. All I can say is that I am very glad I am not another one of the suicides she had to suffer in this life. My dad visited me when I was in the hospital for suicide, had to fly up from Cali, spent the entire night in his hotel room crying. My recovering has been one of the best things in his life, to see his daughter trying to destroy herself really hurt him and for that I regret. Suicide never makes sense, it's just a really bad escape plan (and frankly a selfish and cowardly, perhaps the selfishness and fear is justified but not the suicide, it hurts others)

3. Lindy's World profile image60
    Lindy's Worldposted 12 years ago

Killing yourself is a very permanent way to end temporary problems. I know how hard life can be but the great thing about life is it isn't static.  Things change, there is good in people, and faith helps.  Seek help.

4. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

I got a suicide machine. I am getting old. Never know if one should get pain such that it becomes unbearable. I guy asked me what it was? I said I won't tell you. Make it too easy for you.

5. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

You may well have a point there. Suicide may make sense under certain conditions. Maybe not for everyone, but for myself personally, I can think of several things worse than death.  So, when the day ever comes that I'm strapped into a wheelchair, paralyzed, drooling, and no longer in control of my bodily functions, I may just choose to take too many medications all at the same time, that is if I'm able. I might refuse food, but then I'd just be hooked up to some IV and who knows what else, and once you're put on machines that feed you, and breathe for you, you can be kept alive in that nightmare state for a very long time.  Yep, there are most certainly things in this life worse than death.

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

When you are strapped in a wheelchair, paralyzed and drooling, how do you know that the very next day after taking that overdose, that a cure might not be found?

You only wanted to die because a certain set of circumstance made you feel that way.

Obviously this is hypothetical.

The OP has not said what his or her set of circumstances are, but just one small change can change perspective as well.

You can wait and wait for that change, and it might not happen, but it could.

If you take proactive steps to kill yourself while waiting, you've missed out.

We only have one life, and deep down, it is human nature to hang to it.

6. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 12 years ago

I tell you what, I just went to see J.Edgar (the new movie with Leonardo DiCaprio playing J.Edgar Hoover?) and I can see your point.  I mean this world seems to just want to gloss over everything and make it palatable for us, and are we even watching or listening?  Shite no.  So, probably if we ALL just eliminated ourselves life would be so much better.  But, we can't and we won't so ?  Still, if you can't find something funny even in that movie, something that makes you laugh til the cows come home (even when you weren't expecting cows)  - well, then you need laugh therapy kiddo.  Go immediately to the banned because thread.

1. HattieMattieMae profile image60
      HattieMattieMaeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have a few hubs on this situation! Many of them that will give you a good understanding of yourself and life. Although others might not take this very seriously, or think it's a joke I do not!
      <link snipped>
      Not everyone attempting suicide is trying to get attention, and those that really do not understand it, and tell people to go through with it may need there head examined! Sorry if I sound blatant, but suicide is not a funny thing! sad

1. mega1 profile image80
        mega1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

no suicide is not a funny thing, not at all - but here? in this forum? a suicide threat? really - I prefer to counsel humor to those who are being so blatantly obnoxious as to want to make other people get worried about them, especially since we have no way of knowing who they are what they are trying to say - and may very possibly be a sock puppet sitting somewhere cozily laughing at our serious or unserious replies to their threat -  suicide threats are basically aggressive - no matter what the intention and if you take every one of them seriously - that's going to be your problem, really.  I prefer to counsel suicidal people (whether the threats are real or not) to lighten up for awhile.  It really can't hurt.  So don't get all preachy on my butt.  I know what I'm doing.

7. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years ago

I wrote a hub asking people if they 'really want to commit suicide'. I have had a large amount of suicidal individuals comment on the hub or email me privately. You would be amazed how many of them thanked me for 'saving their life that day'. It is feedback like that which keeps me going and makes me feel I have a purpose on this planet. I can explain to people what I went through, and what happened when somehow I didn't kill myself. I am happy now, but could easily have written life off as a waste of time numerous times in my life, but by battling on even when all seemed hopelessly depressing, I got to see that life can be wonderful and satisfying if we just give it a chance.

8. HattieMattieMae profile image60
    HattieMattieMaeposted 12 years ago

I agree with you misty! smile

9. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

A suicide attempt sometimes just makes things worse. My dad shot himself, but the shot wasn't fatal, so he lasted 3 weeks in ICU hooked up to all sorts of machines that were forcing him to live.

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh ((((Habee))) what a horrendous thing to have lived through! Big hugs girl, that is all I can offer.

10. Beth Godwin profile image69
    Beth Godwinposted 12 years ago

You can't escape anything by killing yourself.  You will only have to come back and handle a similar situation until you conquer your fears. There is no escape. If you can end it , you can face the situation and find the solution.  The cowards way out is NEVER the anwser.  Put your energy into addressing why you feel this way and resolving how to move on.  Nothing is ever as bad as it seems in hindsight.  Ask for help from the eternal one and you shall receive.  Life is a gift.  You can be as happy or unhappy as you desire, as you ultimately control how you perceive your world.  Choose to see it in a positive manner, an adventure.  Seek counseling if needed, but know death does not solve anything, as it is not the end, and will only cause future misery.  There are numerous persons with terminal illness who would give anything to have the gift of life that you currently enjoy.  WAKE UP!!!!!!

1. TLMinut profile image59
      TLMinutposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No escape? What a horrendous thought. And for some people, life is no gift, it's a nightmare that seems to never end.
      Suicide for those with close family is horrible for the family but for those without? Sometimes it helps to go find someone else who needs family too and doesn't have any and help THEM.
      Which is better, though, suicide or walking through life dead?

1. Beth Godwin profile image69
        Beth Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you walk life dead then that is YOUR choise.  Life is out there!  Live it. Maybe you need a change in location.  Make a bold choise to try somthing new .  Decide what you want to do, then do it!!! There is nothing to stand in your way, but yourself. Volunteer with a hospice group and you will understand how truly life is a gift.  The odds that every person has beat to be born is a miracle.  You out swam thousands of sperm to be the winner to fertilize the egg, you are a survivor!!!  If your life is not what you desire then change it!  You have the power!!  You can't control the circumstances that life deals you but.... you can control your reaction to life and what you make of it!! It's funny how when people are told they will die how hard they fight to live.  Every person has a place in this world, find yours!!!

1. Beth Godwin profile image69
          Beth Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey, what have you got to lose by living how you really want to live??? Certainly nothing is worse than giving up. Truly, if you believe, all things are possible.  Decide what you want in life, and go for it.  You may have to make a few detours, but if you keep the vision, stay on the path, and never give up, then you will succeed.  I know, I did it!

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)