What have you heard, and what do you know about risks of eating foods warmed up, or cooked in a microwave oven? People keep emailing me asking for advice and help on this microwave oven risk. Actually, to to be truthful, I don't know reliable research exist on this topic. Or to be more truthful, I haven't had the time to do a quality research project on this topic. "What kind of Doctor an I, Huh?" Shame on me, I don't know everything. If you know anything about this topic, help me out, post it here for all of us to read.
Regards, Dr. Haddox
Dr Haddox: See links: Shttp://www.relfe.com/microwave.htmlee - I found this small article - from -
http://www.thedailygreen.com/going-gree … nity-tips/ For health reasons it is better to not eat any food that has been microwaved. Studies suggest that eating foods that have been microwaved (a form of radiation) may have adverse effects on body systems. No thorough studies have been conducted on long-term health risks of eating food that has been microwaved. Take the time to cook your meals from a wide variety of fresh ingredients and be sure to eat some raw foods as well.
In a Journal Writing Class - one person wrote a Piece on this very subject. She said she no longer prepares frozen food in a microwave because of what happens while it is being cooked and she felt she didn't want the food in her system. No one agreed with her. I hope this information helps. I know you must be caeful with the temperature.
Read more: http://www.thedailygreen.com/going-gree … z1kU3hlJGy
A study conducted by Russian Scientist claims that you would eventually starve to death from a lack of nutrition if all you ever did was cook in a microwave. Microwaving plastic has lead to a lot of controversy in its break down in our food supply. The latest claim is that it leads to lowering our immune system. Microwave popcorn is linked to this problem as well as something to do with the fumes it admits. There is no conclusive evidence on exposure to microwaves but its recommended that you do not do that. Oddly I have yet to see a device being sold to determine if your microwave leaks or not.
Microwaved food is just heated food. There is no particular risk. Microwaves denature more vitamin than direct heat, but they don't produce as many carcinogenic chars. It works out about the same.
It's perfectly safe to eat food that has been heated in a microwave. There is no risk from radiation, or anything else. The only slight risk is if the door doesn't seal properly, but this isn't generally an issue. Definitely don't listen to anybody that says it is unsafe to eat microwaved food for any reason, they don't know what they're talking about, it's just hot food that's all.
I have read that they are alright to heat up food. but not for cooking. Personally, although there was one in the kitchen for many years, I have never used one. I don't trust them.
"heating up food" is pretty much the definition of cooking.
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.