jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

DO YOU BELIEVE IN USING MICROWAVE OVEN to cook or warm up your food?

1. suncat profile image59
    suncatposted 6 years ago

DO YOU BELIEVE IN USING MICROWAVE OVEN to cook or warm up your food?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4633941_f260.jpg

2. gposchman profile image85
    gposchmanposted 6 years ago

Absolutely.  I warm up left overs, and there are dishes with instructions for Microwave cooking that turn out great.  There are a number of things I will warm up in the microwave, and there are a number of things I will not cook or warm up in a microwave. in today's kitchen it is a product of wonderful convenience.

Gene Poschman

3. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 6 years ago

I do believe that a microwave oven is used for that.

4. pork22 profile image70
    pork22posted 6 years ago

Yes, I believe. Now sure what you mean by the question really. I cook and warm up food in the microwave. I've heard people say they won't because it changes the molecular structure of the food -- but any cooking does that.

5. slc334 profile image44
    slc334posted 6 years ago

I also am a believer.  If anything it's not the microwaves that alter molecules in the food, but the heat produced by the molecules microwaves cause to rotate.  What I mean is, microwaves cause molecular rotation of molecules such as water for example.  When the water flips up and down a lot, it produces heat.  It is this heat, that warms your food.

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I do, it is so convenient I guess I am willing to overlook the scary things some say about it.

7. rajewalia profile image55
    rajewaliaposted 6 years ago

Yes, I believe. Now sure what you mean by the question really. I cook and warm up food in the microwave daily

8. lex123 profile image60
    lex123posted 6 years ago

Microwave is an integral part of my household.  I use it for heating up the food, and sometimes for cooking too. It is very convenient and easy to use.

9. The Farmers Wife profile image60
    The Farmers Wifeposted 6 years ago

I don't own one. All seems a bit odd 'microwaving' something you are going to eat. Warming up maybe, but cooking, no, not for me.

10. karengibsonroc profile image80
    karengibsonrocposted 6 years ago

my husband and i didn't have a microwave for the last eleven years...we cooked and heated everything in the oven or on the stove..just recently...we moved into an apartment (6 months ago) that had a microwave...we started using it and it's so convenient...i don't think we'll ever go back to not having one!! however..i don't think i will ever cook with it!!

11. profile image0
    Neville Walkposted 6 years ago

I rarely use my microwave, because I enjoy cooking everything from scratch.  I can't remember the last time I had a ready-meal.  They have little flavour and there is never enough in them to fill me.  If I didn't enjoy the process of cooking, then the microwave would be very useful.

12. poorconservative1 profile image60
    poorconservative1posted 6 years ago

Popcorn, Popcorn, Popcorn. That's all I've got to say.

13. RealHousewife profile image80
    RealHousewifeposted 6 years ago

I do love to cook - but it seemed like my kids were able to eat more junk type microwavable  food.  The microwave broke and I did an experiment and did NOT replace it.  I went without one for a few years - when I finally decided to replace it for convenience sake my children were so excited!  Sad!  But I do not use it much - my husband says I have the most expensive popcorn maker on the block:-)

14. lorddraven2000 profile image90
    lorddraven2000posted 6 years ago

I live off microwave food, but I am a single 29 year old so it is not like I should be cooking masterpiece meals, lol.

working