What would you like this Christmas?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (41 posts)
  1. Jimmys Money blog profile image60
    Jimmys Money blogposted 10 years ago

I'd love a ferarri but will settle for aftershave:-)....
    What's on your wish-list this year?

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Too many things.
      I have wanted an ipod type thingy for like 5 years now so I could listen to music while I go on walks.

2. Say Yes To Life profile image77
      Say Yes To Lifeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I would LOVE a ski / snowboard trip that lasted through New Year's!  I'm currently working on a 3 part hub about one time when I was lucky enough to do this.  It's titled, "Best Holiday Vacation Ever!"  I should have it published in a few days.

3. profile image0
      CroftRoanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

A side from books (writers and readers need books), I would just like to have a place of my own. With any luck from my writing career, that will happen next year.

4. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have a Ferarri shirt and sneakers. A guy asked me where my car was and I said, "Hold it, there, buddy, I'm workin' on one thing at a time." He laughed. wink

1. profile image0

smile

2. Billie Kelpin profile image84
        Billie Kelpinposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Daniel, very cute!

5. davidlivermore profile image92
      davidlivermoreposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Not to sound sappy, but my mother.

My mother passed right a few days before Christmas last year.  She always loved Christmas.  This is my first real Christmas without her, and it just won't be the same.

But, since I know I can't have my mom back, I just want a good Christmas with my family and friends.

1. profile image0

sad

2. janshares profile image91
        jansharesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I lost mine, too, right before the holidays in 2010. My heart goes out to you. I hope you get through this first Christmas without her, surrounded by the love of your family and friends. Take care, davidlivermore.

6. Jan Brianne profile image61
      Jan Brianneposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I want a trench coat and a leather jacket! smile

2. NateB11 profile image86
    NateB11posted 10 years ago

Laptop. Definitely, a laptop. I'm over here trying to be an Internet writer with a 15 year old computer. Not cool.

1. profile image0

My laptop is pretty old, it's really heavy, but its lasted a good while and it was free. I scrabble a lot and the creator of a scrabble-like game wanted me to help promote his game, and I couldn't download it on my old comp. so he sent me his old one. It's been a tremendous gift.
      Hmmm. I just remembered I should really go play that game again.

2. Jimmys Money blog profile image60
      Jimmys Money blogposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hay, wouldn't it be great if some company read this hub and sponsored a laptop for Nate and Beth.Thanks for sharing your comments...Jimmy

1. NateB11 profile image86
        NateB11posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I would definitely love that, no doubt about it.

3. Reality Bytes profile image72
    Reality Bytesposted 10 years ago

A place where I can rest my head that is well heated!  Even if it is just for the eve of Christmas!

1. profile image0

What do you mean? Why don't you have a heated place to rest?

1. Reality Bytes profile image72
        Reality Bytesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have a store in the most depressed area of one of the top fifty most dangerous cities in the country.  I chose this, as I prefer to walk the walk and try and make a difference.  I sell used clothes, household items, etc...

The store makes enough to cover the rent and electricity with a little left over for food.  I do not draw a paycheck.  Since I opened in March I have not been able to get the gas turned on.  Starting last March, it was cold, especially at night.  This year, I hope to get some kind of electric heater to heat up the backroom, where we sleep.

smile

1. profile image0

God bless your efforts and may He keep you warm this winter.

Reality,  I'm wondering this.  The stories of the people who walk in need to be told.  Since you like to write, why not write one or two stories of those individuals by the end of Nov.  If that goes well, have someone make a video with you telling a bit about the people coming in and your store.  Request, let's say, $10,000 to get that book published.  Put in the pie chart a part for interviewing fees (because this is going to take your time).  Then any proceeds can go toward upgrading your store (in your case, paying for heat).  I'm wondering if you're in an "Enterprise zone" - and if Jesse Jackson's people can help... There used to be money for businesses like yours.  Tell us what would help.  What could you use that we all, who are also struggling could help you with?  (I mean beyond prayers and good wishes)

1. profile image0

Yea!

2. Reality Bytes profile image72

If I could inspire others to show kindness to the less fortunate, that would be the best gift possible.  Apples, bottles of water, blankets, coats and jackets, load up and look around, if you do not see the downtrodden, you have not looked.  Give directly to the person, giving to a charity is not the same on either end.  Give and walk away, have the thank you' given as you are leaving.  This way the receivee does not feel obligated, give, and give freely.

If anyone is unable to do this, and it is understandable, spread a kind word.  I like to see young mothers and fathers enjoying their children and compliment them on what good parents they are, it must be sincere.  I especially like to compliment the father that is with the children alone.  "Wow, what a great dad you are."  Sometimes a little acknowledgement goes a long way.

Thank you for asking.

1. profile image0

So good.

Reality Bytes, Ah, I THOUGHT so regarding the direct giving.  So you're saying carry around some extra blankets, water, etc. in the car and when you see someone downtrodden, then just give them what you have that seems appropriate?  I was thinking something softer than apples might be good because I notice a lot of dental problems. If I were homeless, I'd really appreciate a cold diet coke in a can and a hot egg foo young take out order smile

1. Reality Bytes profile image72

It really doesn't matter what you give.  It is acknowledging those that society forgets that is important.  Make someone feel special, it is not hard.  Everyone is a unique human being with their own gifts. 

Myself, being financially strapped, I listen.  I think this is the best gift one person could give to another.  There is not many people that can just keep quiet and listen to another.

1. Billie Kelpin profile image84

gotcha!

2. Jimmys Money blog profile image60
      Jimmys Money blogposted 10 years agoin reply to this

God Bless you Reality Bytes. That's put me to shame that I would 'settle for a bottle of aftershave' where-as all you want is somewhere to rest your head. I hope you get it...Take good care friend, Jimmy

4. Cardisa profile image88
    Cardisaposted 10 years ago

This is what I want

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8379741_f248.jpg

But he will do

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8404272_f248.jpg

1. profile image0
      epsonok0posted 10 years agoin reply to this

LOL dont we all.

2. Say Yes To Life profile image77

Count me in!!!

3. janshares profile image91
      jansharesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Lol, lol, Cardisa, you are too much. Ha ha ha , woooo!

5. Tom Mukasa profile image67
    Tom Mukasaposted 10 years ago

For Christmas, a car and a nice house.

6. profile image0
    epsonok0posted 10 years ago

I want new socks. Cant explain how good a new pair feels. And they dont stay new. I was the strange kid that liked getting clothing.

1. Say Yes To Life profile image77

How about a matching tie?

7. Billie Kelpin profile image84
    Billie Kelpinposted 10 years ago

This sounds insincere, but seriously, I'd like Congress to stop fighting with the President and for a spirit of honest good-will to prevail so that the economy of our nation, and tangentially the world, would loosen up and more money could be put in the hands of the consumer and those who have little to spend - money that would help us get on with production so that so many of us could stop trying to survive and instead, begin to thrive.  Who can afford Christmas? It shouldn't be like this. And to be quite honest, I think the negativity is creating a nation-wide collective depression and I don't mean the financial kind.

8. freecampingaussie profile image60
    freecampingaussieposted 10 years ago

I would like to be able to have my knees replaced so I can walk ok and be without this agony  .Also for my husband not to have asbestos on the lung and to be ok .

1. profile image0

sad
      Sorry things are so rough for you right now.
      Here's wishing you a happier new year.

9. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 10 years ago

No snow.  Peace and Quiet!

10. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 10 years ago

I'm a composer/songwriter. Christmas is the biggest time of year for me. I have friends all over the world of all kinds of belief systems, and many, many of them celebrate some version of Christmas. One thing I've learned through my life is that in the face of deepest adversity and setback, we need to get to a place where we can laugh. And the second one is that a song in the heart of any human being can be contagious, uniting, and transcending.

So I hope everyone will find a reason to laugh and sing this Christmas. The benefits go viral very quickly.

11. LongTimeMother profile image92
    LongTimeMotherposted 10 years ago

lol. I wrote a hub about all the reason why I stopped dreaming of buying my husband a ferrari. Now I have to come with a gift more creative than aftershave before christmas. smile

12. profile image0
    cjaroszposted 10 years ago

A brand new kitchen set. My husband keep using forks and scratching mine up now everything sticks to them

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)