jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

When you are shopping for Christmas gifts for your children do you set a dollar

1. raising6kids profile image58
    raising6kidsposted 7 years ago

When you are shopping for Christmas gifts for your children do you set a dollar amount for each

or a specific number of gifts for each child?

2. lilibees profile image59
    lilibeesposted 7 years ago

I don't my kids are pretty easy in the things they usually want for Christmas. I do a lot of the little things they like usually thing between 10 and 25 dollars. Then I get them one big gift something they have wanted and may or may not have put it on their Christmas list. This gift I usually hide and trick them into finding it some how and sign this one from Santa. It is a fun thing.

3. raising6kids profile image58
    raising6kidsposted 7 years ago

Thanks lilibees I find this to be the challenging part of my shopping. Christmas morning is pretty fast around here but once they start comparing notes is when I here the questions of why so n so got more gifts. Actually quite irritating when so n so's gifts cost half of what the others got. Hoping to hear advice on keeping everyone pleased. LOL like I can ever do that!!

4. nasus loops profile image67
    nasus loopsposted 7 years ago

I can not answer the question in full as I only have one child (makes life easy), but I know my mum always looks to spend the same on both me and my brother, even though we are both grown up now. 

I usually set an amount for other children in the family though, aiming at £15 but spending no more than £20 on each child. 

It is difficult to please everyone, but I think as long as the christmas spirit is there and people get what they wish for (within a little) then everyone should be happy.

working