jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the correct date to put your christmas tree up?

1. keepitnatural profile image73
    keepitnaturalposted 7 years ago

What is the correct date to put your christmas tree up?

2. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Long before the German kings of England, and then Albert in 1841, the bringing of green stuff into the home is an ancient, Celtic tradition at this time of the year to celebrate the death of the Sun King, the mid-winter solstice, and his rebirth 4 days later, as the days start to get noticeably longer.  Their celebrations tended to last - one week, or two weeks, or a month, so if we work on, possible, traditional dates for introducing green stuff, we have - 14/12, 07/12, 23/11.  But not 06/11, when TESCO had theirs up this year:-)

3. Loveslove profile image57
    Lovesloveposted 7 years ago

I have always left decorating our home including trees until the sunday before Christmas..this year it was done on 1st dec as I am going  away for a week on 13th and will be too busy when I get home...i dont think there is any correct date..BUT the shops do it far too early !!

4. cjcarter profile image75
    cjcarterposted 7 years ago

WELL! This year, we decided to put up a real christmas tree (which we haven't done in years) right after Thanksgiving/beginning of December. Well... it could be the kind of tree that we chose, but the branches are getting a tad bit droopy already haha. Every once in a while, we hear a little ornament drop from one saggy branch to another haha. I would advise waiting till mid-december to put up a tree.

5. ProudKyMomOf5 profile image54
    ProudKyMomOf5posted 7 years ago

The day after Thanksgiving is the best day to put up your christmas tree, i do it that way every year, and i don't take it down until the day after New Years. It's the way my mom and dad did it so that's the way i do it and have been doing it for the last 15 years.

working