jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Does the Christmas season seem to start earlier and earlier every year?

1. Phil The Gain profile image63
    Phil The Gainposted 7 years ago

Does the Christmas season seem to start earlier and earlier every year?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4293690_f260.jpg

2. schoolmarm profile image37
    schoolmarmposted 7 years ago

It certainly seems that way to me. I was actually just thinking about that the other day. Unfortunately it doesn't motivate me to begin my shopping earlier, I still haven't finished!

3. wilbury4 profile image72
    wilbury4posted 7 years ago

Not in our house... two weeks before and 12 days after... Saying that, the build up can be more exciting than the actual day...

4. Rob Hanlon profile image60
    Rob Hanlonposted 7 years ago

It certainly does, there may be some truth in the saying 'I wish it could be Christmas every day', as it's heading that way :-)

5. tom_caton profile image80
    tom_catonposted 7 years ago

My christmas starts when the November quite period ends at work, this year, Christmas literally only started last Friday.

It's worst year on record in these terms, I don't mind very much, I hate the Christmas overcrowding anyway!

It's no surprise either considering in Ireland we're considerably more in debt than we previously realised!

Merry Xmas indeed smile

6. MoneyCreator24 profile image59
    MoneyCreator24posted 7 years ago

Yes, indeed. It seems so. Not enough that the time seems to pass faster and faster. Summer is not over officially, it is already Christmas stuff in stores.

And when Christmas is finally here, we have had enough already.

7. Karonher profile image77
    Karonherposted 7 years ago

I think all holidays do. Christmas things in September, Easter eggs in January.

8. Gypsy48 profile image74
    Gypsy48posted 7 years ago

It seems like it. All the stores trying to get customers to shop early for gifts. I still wait until the week before Christmas to get my shopping done. The Valentine stuff should be out any minute now!

9. Veianet profile image60
    Veianetposted 7 years ago

Yes, indeed it is. Christmas is now about getting gifts and getting ready for parties...less meaning to the real Christmas.

Closed to reply

working