jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is Valentine's Day to you?

1. danieliuhasz profile image59
    danieliuhaszposted 7 years ago

What is Valentine's Day to you?

Gifts, spending time with the loved one, an occasion to go shopping? What do you think of this day and what signifiance does it have?

2. megs11237 profile image69
    megs11237posted 7 years ago

I think Valentine's day is supposed to be a fun reminder of how great love can be but it also can be ruined by the pressure to buy certain things and make a big show. I think exchanging cards or valentines maybe candy is good- oh and saying I love you too.

3. slushatwork profile image67
    slushatworkposted 7 years ago

I prefer not to buy too much - I think actions speak louder than gifts. One year I'll make a heart-shaped pizza for dinner, another year some silly craft - just something simple saying "I love you." With kids now, I have them make home-made cards for Mommy ... but I will buy chocolates too!

4. danieliuhasz profile image59
    danieliuhaszposted 7 years ago

I agree, megs11237, as pressure can be a dawnting thing when Valentine's Day is comming. I don't agree with expecting something for such an occasion, but I have noticed that many people do..

Slushatwork, really nice! Getting the children involved in this is a wonderful idea. I think that a heart-shaped card made with the kids is worth 100 gold ones from the store. Just reminds people of a loving and warm home and not a cold jewlry. smile

5. Sarah Masson profile image67
    Sarah Massonposted 7 years ago

Doesn't mean anything to me at the moment, maybe one day it might, who knows smile

Closed to reply