jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you really care about Valentine's Day?

1. lmarsh1203 profile image59
    lmarsh1203posted 6 years ago

Do you really care about Valentine's Day?

If you didn't get a gift from your spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend, would you really care? Please explain your reasoning.

2. Bella Nina profile image72
    Bella Ninaposted 6 years ago

Immensely.  It is a sweet opportunity to make a special day all about love.  Who doesn't smile when given even the silliest little Valentine?  I know I do.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

No, we don't celebrate Valentine's Day.  We try to appreciate each other and treasure our relationship every day.  I hate to be a cynic but Valentine's Day is a Commercially driven creation to make money.

We do special days for each other now and then, making dinner for the other, do nice special things together.  It's worked for 41 years--well, so far anyway.

4. Brett Winn profile image87
    Brett Winnposted 6 years ago

My husband cares more than I do ... I could care less ... and my middle name is Valentine!

5. Dale Hyde profile image82
    Dale Hydeposted 6 years ago

It is a decent holiday with Pagan origins, and I like that. smile As for getting gifts, we give gifts throughout the year just on whim but on Valentine's Day, it has never been a big tradition or expectation to give or receive gifts.

6. emimemo profile image80
    emimemoposted 6 years ago

I did used to care until my husband stopped caring.
    It is kind of sad that only one side care about the event.
    Most likely care about the event for KIDS now.

7. nancyme profile image57
    nancymeposted 6 years ago

I think Valentine's Day is simply great. I agree why it should be just one day in particular to show love, care, and affection. But having a particular to do extra and dole it up with all the love and affection you can show for your loved ones is simply magical. Gifts don't really mean much but the whole excitement and the effort behind it makes it so uber pleasant. As for me, thoughtful gifts do melt me. I got this cute Juicy Couture as a gift last Valentine's day and it simply melted my heart. http://bagbunch.com/juicy-couture-rocke … ed-design/ Who doesn't like gifts? smile