jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Have you ever given yourself a treat?

1. yshashikant profile image71
    yshashikantposted 6 years ago

Have you ever given yourself a treat?

Have you ever decided to give yourself a treat after achieving something that you wanted to?

2. Dee aka Nonna profile image80
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 6 years ago

Yes, I do this all the time...some small a couple large but I give myself a treat just because sometimes.  It can be something as simple as a nice, long, hot bath... or stealing away to enjoy a reading a novel, sitting on a deck doing nothing.  It's my way of taking care of me and patting myself on the back with a "job well done" to me. 

Great question, by the way!

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

yes i have. i just bought an awesome compressor for my garage. i'm hooking it up today. i'm so excitied, like a kid in a candy store.
    BTW, Happy Mothers Day to all the moms out there.

4. ALUR profile image63
    ALURposted 6 years ago

A mom rarely permits herself a treat, esp in single mom mode. Recently, I bit the bullet, buried the self-inflcited guilt trip and went to Sedona. In those few days-mind you it took two to shake off East Coast drama, I found magic in the red rocks and the vortex of that region.

I went looking and asking for magic and seeing the interesting open culture there helped me realize my dreams and to write.

See my writing and get a glimpse of the reviews and other articles.

5. Melissa.P profile image58
    Melissa.Pposted 6 years ago

I always treat myself!  I work all week for the money and I will spend it accordingly.  I don't really call it treating myself though.

6. profile image46
    deacharliebrownposted 6 years ago

after a long project, I definitely give myself a treat.
    Usually ends up getting drunk.

7. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 6 years ago

Sure. Everything when I get a good deal, I will celebrate with my family for a good treat. Or if I had helped my children to achieve their goals, we will treat ourselves with buffet.

8. MellyMoo profile image60
    MellyMooposted 6 years ago

Because I work so hard looking after my children, I believe it is important to look after myself well.  I treat myself regularly ... to a good coffee, a massage, something from the op shop, something yummy for lunch, etc etc

9. BlueGlobal profile image59
    BlueGlobalposted 6 years ago

Treating yourself is a great way to give yourself incentive. I'd be worried if people didn't treat themselves after achieving something of worth or value.

10. Becca Lopez profile image57
    Becca Lopezposted 6 years ago

Yes after a long hard day or if i accomplished a large task or project. Nothing too big though. You don't want to over reward yourself.

11. Felixedet2000 profile image57
    Felixedet2000posted 6 years ago

yeah, occasionally, usually i resort to a solitary place with the things i need to have the fun with.It a nice way to replenish lost energy and get on the moving mood again.

working