jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you buy Father's Day cards for your husband?

1. FaithDream profile image77
    FaithDreamposted 6 years ago

Do you buy Father's Day cards for your husband?

While most people buy Father's day cards for their fathers, do you buy one for your husband as well? This could include the ones you buy for the children to give him, but what about just one from you, as his wife or significant other?

2. Aamna Aamad profile image74
    Aamna Aamadposted 6 years ago

You know what, it my deepest wish to buy one for my hubby on father's day but as yet i have not coz we are not blessed with kids yet(even after four years of marriage). and if now i would buy him one he would feel bad thus longing for the right time.

3. reena_yadav profile image78
    reena_yadavposted 6 years ago

I would definitely buy my hubby a father's day card when he becomes a father. I am sure it would mean a lot to him.

4. ladyjojo profile image61
    ladyjojoposted 6 years ago

I don't have a husband, but if i were you i would buy it only if he's a dad. If not he's not a father as yet so won't make sense wink

5. ThePracticalMommy profile image97
    ThePracticalMommyposted 6 years ago

Since both kids are just a toddler and a baby, I do buy my husband a cute card that is from them, and then I have the toddler 'make' one. I have also given him cards that say how proud I am of him as a father and how happy I am to be his wife. smile

6. Theresa_Kennedy profile image76
    Theresa_Kennedyposted 6 years ago

Yes, I always bought him a father's day card, even after we were divorced. He has always been a great dad to our kids, and now that we're back together I appreciate him even more.

7. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 6 years ago

No I don't.  My husband and I talked early on after we had kids and we both agree that Mother's Day and Father's Day is between the kids and the parent, not from one parent to another, so we don't get cards for the spouse.  Until the kids are old enough to talk and understand what is going on, I am saying "Happy Father's Day" to him just so that someone makes a point of acknowledging what day it is, but I'm not getting him a card.

8. Diana Lee profile image85
    Diana Leeposted 6 years ago

Yes, I get my husband a Father's Day card and also my uncles and son-in-law.  I wish my dad was still here so I could get him a card.

working