jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

What food do you cook for your father on Father's day?

1. ishwaryaa22 profile image90
    ishwaryaa22posted 5 years ago

What food do you cook for your father on Father's day?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6769726_f260.jpg

2. F. K. Isley profile image59
    F. K. Isleyposted 5 years ago

My father passed away 7 years ago.
    I do have an incredible father-in-law, who takes care of is wife and does all the cooking.  I will cook anything he requests.

3. Ramsa1 profile image62
    Ramsa1posted 5 years ago

Two of my sons are coming over and I'll be barbequing for us, and my wife of course. Am I a great Dad or what! (Couldn't resist)

ishwaryaa22posted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are indeed a great dad!

4. EuroCafeAuLait profile image85
    EuroCafeAuLaitposted 5 years ago

A baby back ribs barbecue was our choice.  That and baked beans, corn on the cob and apple cobbler, since peach cobbler wasn't in season, yet.  We usually celebrated it at the Swim Club in our home town, complete with barbecue pits and kitchen for easy clean up.  Those were the days... smile

ishwaryaa22posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for sharing your beautiful memories with us!

5. mwilliams66 profile image60
    mwilliams66posted 5 years ago

We start with a brunch of eggs benedict, sliced berries and cinnamon rolls. We then have a light lunch or just snack throughout the day.  Dinner tonight is bbq ribs.

6. Leroyworld profile image59
    Leroyworldposted 5 years ago

My dad's favorite food, of course.  Peanuts, Pizza, Pecan Pie, and Pepsi.  The peanuts were boiled and I cheated on the pizza and had it delivered.  We are watching his favorite team, Texas Rangers, play baseball   I also made some fresh lemonade for the time after lunch.  All in all, a pretty good day.

7. bellartdesigns profile image85
    bellartdesignsposted 5 years ago

My father passed away; however, the children and I always cook Chicken Parmesan for my husband.  It goes like this: homemade sauce that cooks all day (ugh!), 2 pans of chicken, salad, homemade french bread (another ugh!) and of course a nice bottle of vino. He is in the film industry, so he is a bit spoiled - don't you think?! Anyway, HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL OF THE WONDERFUL FATHERS OUT THERE!

8. Handicapped Chef profile image81
    Handicapped Chefposted 5 years ago

My father loves steaks sandwiches  and steaks period and we are from Philadelphia were the philly cheese steaks were born so I prepared for him a grilled philly cheese steak with grilled breen peppers mushrooms and onions, I know he loves them we left philadelphia 20 years ago and I sold my steak shop I had here in Kentucky so every fathers day he gets a real big one from me and he loves them.

9. ebookshack profile image77
    ebookshackposted 5 years ago

I decided to make a lasagna, caesar salad, and a chocolate pudding cake for dinner. I think my dad is worth sweating in the hot kitchen for several hours so I can make him something that will bring a smile to his face.

10. profile image0
    Marntzuposted 5 years ago

We did a simple BBQ this year for my parents. hamburgers, hotdogs, fruit salad, bbq beans and a homemade Ice cream cake (didn't have a camera to take any photos or that would be my next hub)

working