jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you think of non-shippable digital products as Christmas presents?

1. arthsabi profile image60
    arthsabiposted 6 years ago

What do you think of non-shippable digital products as Christmas presents?

Do you think downloadable products like eLearning courses (music, languages, sports) make good Christmas presents?

2. Snurre profile image74
    Snurreposted 6 years ago

I know that software makes a good present. You can easily download a program as a gift. Better still, some companies (like Auslogics Software) give you an option to buy something as a present - you just tick the relevant checkbox and the license key is emailed directly to the person you choose to buy the software for.

3. plussize-lingerie profile image60
    plussize-lingerieposted 6 years ago

I think it depends on the age of the recipient, and your relationship with them. For example, my nephew and niece this year got an Amazon voucher each from us, because there's nothing they would like better than to choose heir own present. It's mildly better than putting cash in an envelope, but it means they get what they really want. I could have selected a present for each of them, but I know for certain that at their age, they'd rather have the digital voucher. Likewise, an iTunes voucher I've bought for someone else and a digital copy of a movie for a third.

However, for my parents, I'd never do it, because digital isn't "real".

So, I think they can be great, but for some people, you can't do it.

4. mikejhca profile image92
    mikejhcaposted 6 years ago

It would depend on the person you were giving it to.  I bought some digital products that I like a lot.  So if someone gave me one it would be a good present if it was a good product.  I have not used eLearning courses so I am not sure if they would be good.

working