jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What was your favorite gift as a first time parent?

1. breathe2travel profile image78
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

What was your favorite gift as a first time parent?

We receive many gifts to welcome our first children into the world -- celebrating life and family.  Of the gifts you received, which was your favorite?

2. Denise Handlon profile image89
    Denise Handlonposted 5 years ago

My first child was born at the beginning of December many years ago and a dear friend bought her a special Christmas ornament started a tradition.

3. wychic profile image91
    wychicposted 5 years ago

My mom bought me a framed Kelty backpack for taking my first son on hikes with me, I loved that thing. It fit great and I was easily able to carry him on my back while walking both of my dogs, up until he reached about 35lbs. There was a nice sun cover on it too. Sadly, one of my ex's friends borrowed it and still had it when my ex and I split, so I never got it back for my daughter or for the son that will be born next month.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

On my first Mother's Day, my husband told me he was going to the feed store but came back with Mother's Day gifts.  A mug with MOM on it and a couple of tiny ceramic figures. It wasn't the actual gifts but the thought as we hadn't discussed gifts at all so it was all his own idea and it really touched me.  Still does.

working