jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

What is your most memorable moment with your father on father's day?

1. F. K. Isley profile image61
    F. K. Isleyposted 5 years ago

What is your most memorable moment with your father on father's day?

2. lcbenefield profile image77
    lcbenefieldposted 5 years ago

We went to Baskin Robbins for ice cream.  While waiting in line, we remembered the coupons were still in the car.  I ran to get them with my brothers.  I was in grade school.  When we came back in the store, I handed the coupons to the man standing where my dad had been standing when we left to go to the car.  He wasn't my father.  Everyone had a good laugh over that.

1. F. K. Isley profile image61
      F. K. Isleyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What a wonder memories.  There are times I miss the good old days. Keep Laughing.

3. Wendi M profile image79
    Wendi Mposted 5 years ago

Unfortunately, due to my father's alcoholism, my sisters and I were not able to experience father's day as most families do.  I lost my father to the disease in 2004, but there isn't a father's day, birthday, or special holiday that goes by where I don't think about him...I miss him very much!

1. lcbenefield profile image77
      lcbenefieldposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Wendi, I am so sorry for your loss.

2. Wendi M profile image79
      Wendi Mposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Icbenefield for your kind words!

3. F. K. Isley profile image61
      F. K. Isleyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi Wendy,
      Thank you very much for your heart filled reply. I totally understand,I lost my father in 2005,our family was small,mom,dad, 1 sister and me.  We also celebrated all holidays & birthday's to the fullest. Like you,I miss him now and alwa

working