jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Christians- Are you happy to celebrate Halloween?

1. Silver Fish profile image83
    Silver Fishposted 5 years ago

Christians- Are you happy to celebrate Halloween?

2. WryLilt profile image92
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Christmas, Halloween and Easter are all based in equally pagan origins.

1. Silver Fish profile image83
      Silver Fishposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes I agree, that's why I am curious.

3. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

Halloween is not a big deal in our house. There are no young children on the block, so it no one decorates, etc. When I was a kid, it was a night to go collect candy. No one talked about the "occult" side of it.

Christmas, regardless of its origin, is today, the day we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. Maybe that day was a pagan day that high hijacked by early Christians, but today, it is the celebration of the birth of Christ.

The same is true for Easter. The actual day, since it moves from year to year, so it always falls on a Sunday, is irrelevant. The celebration is to recognize that Christ rose from the dead. 

Some Christians do not like the celebration of Halloween. It does not bother me, because I do not believe it is nothing more that a commercialized to promote candy and costume sales and for some people, to pull stupid stunts. If there was no Halloween, those people who find some other day.

Add one more step, I live in Louisiana. We celebrate Mardi Gras before the start of lent. I do not like crowds, so I do not go. While all the Mardi Gras clubs or krewes as they are called, may take on a green or roman persona, it is just a big party.

working