jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What are your favorite side dishes for Thanksgiving dinner?

1. jessefutch profile image59
    jessefutchposted 5 years ago

What are your favorite side dishes for Thanksgiving dinner?

Collard greens, mashed potatoes, stuffing and green bean casserole are my family's traditional favorites. I'm looking for some new additions to our Thanksgiving feast. What are your favorite side dishes for Turkey Day?

2. RichieMogwai profile image78
    RichieMogwaiposted 5 years ago

What an excellent question. Unfortunately, for someone like me who has Asian origins, turkey is not such a big favorite. Don't get me wrong, I know of all the kinds of meats out there, turkey meat is the lowest in cholesterol count. However, my Asian taste buds find it so bland. So a big fried chicken, spaghetti, and rib eye steak  well done are my favorites for Thanksgiving. The only thing is, I love my steak medium rare but with the beef recall taking the rounds in Canada, I would rather eat it safe, so well done. Final answer!

jessefutchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

A friend of mine's wife is Filipino! She made spaghetti, spicy meat balls, a small kind of egg roll that I can't pronounce, steak and many other things. She made a turkey (and so do I) that is not bland or dry at all!

3. Trish303 profile image73
    Trish303posted 5 years ago

Sweet potato casserole. I love the stuff, and normally over 1/2 my plate. next to that it would be my stuffing.

Yes! Sweet Taters are great! Here in NC we grow them locally and eat them through most of the year.

4. lucybell21 profile image81
    lucybell21posted 5 years ago

Turnips is something i look forward to on Thanksgiving.

Great suggestion, but I think I'll pass! No one I know (including me) likes turnips! More power to you though.

5. momster profile image59
    momsterposted 5 years ago

Fruit salad is always a best at Thanksgiving dinner. And of course we always have to have the candied yams for the kids.

working