jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Have you ever received coal for Christmas?

1. nanderson500 profile image85
    nanderson500posted 5 years ago

Have you ever received coal for Christmas?

Legend has it that Santa Claus gives naughty kids a lump of coal in their stocking. Have you ever been given any? Even as a joke?

2. dailytop10 profile image93
    dailytop10posted 5 years ago

No. The weirdest thing I got during Christmas was a teddy bear which says "love me" when you press its chest. What a creepy gift! hahaha

3. Goody5 profile image70
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

No, but I gave away a piece of coal as a Christmas present one year.

4. Michelle Taylor profile image76
    Michelle Taylorposted 5 years ago

I have never received coal, but I have gifted it :-).  My boss's son for three years straight didn't even get me a card for the holiday so one year I decided to mess with him and wrapped a piece of coal in a nice box and handed it to him.  I knew he would open it right away and the look on his face was absolutely priceless!  His mother (who I also worked with) thought it was hysterical and vowed to gag gift it to someone else that year.  I did eventually that day give him a real present.

5. Sharkye11 profile image96
    Sharkye11posted 5 years ago

No, but I am certain that I deserved it a time or two. I can only think that my parents took pity on me and practiced excellent negotiation skills with Santa.

6. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Not real coal. Just that nasty coal shaped gum. Always hurts my teeth and tastes entirely strange...

7. Geekdom profile image92
    Geekdomposted 5 years ago

One year for my families 10 dollar "White Elephant" game I bought two big bags of BBQ charcoal. It ended up being one of the most popular gifts that people kept stealing.