jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What do you plan to do for Halloween?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

What do you plan to do for Halloween?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8397356_f260.jpg

2. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

Same thing I do every Halloween - take my kids for a spin around the neighborhood collecting candy, then once they're back home and in bed I will relax with a good horror movie and some cold beers.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good for you!

3. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

My daughter is totally in to Halloween!  Just yesterday I ran down to the dollar store with her and she bought a plastic pumpkin, a spooky owl, a skull cup, and a fuzzy spider to decorate with!  She cracks me up!

Schools don't allow Halloween celebrations any more here.  When I was growing up, it was an annual tradition to roll out tables of orange sprinkled cupcakes, bowls of candy corn, candy apples, etc.  Teachers would make a huge deal out of it.  Now, it's called Favorite Book Character Day. 

When my children were smaller, I used to buy them costumes and parade them around the village in a annual trick-or-treat-athon.  This year we are most likely going to stay home, watch scary movies, and maybe make spooky finger foods and festive sweets.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image100
      FatFreddysCatposted 4 years agoin reply to this

My sons (age 6 and 11) are totally into it too. Just yesterday I took the 6 year old with me to Walgreens and I couldn't get him out of the Halloween aisle until he'd tried out all the musical novelties and looked at every decoration and mask!!

2. CraftytotheCore profile image82
      CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Haha!  I love Walgreens too!  I think it's funny that my daughter is so in to it because ever since she was little, her schools have never celebrated it.  She just naturally loves it!  big_smile

4. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

We take the kids trick-or-treating and sit around a bonfire weather permitting. We decorate the house a week or so before and usually have a party on or the weekend before Halloween night.  It's my birthday also, so we get to have cake and everything as well.

With parties we have a lot of Halloween themed food, sometimes we tell ghost stories, we listen to a lot of great music. Halloween is my favorite - it's always a good time smile

working