Horror movies on TV 24-7
Looking at all the cool Halloween novelty junk in stores like little skeletons or vampires that dance to music when you push a button
Watching my kids' excitement grow as the day gets closer.
Hanging a string of pumpkin lights on our front deck and then going "Woooo!" when they light up the whole yard orange.
Going to the farm with my kids and picking out the perfect pumpkin.
...spending an evening designing the perfect face for that pumpkin and then carving it.
...and half-price candy the day after Halloween!!
I know that's only seven but it's all I can come up with off the top of my head
Just thought of another one (which would bring me to eight!)... cheap horror movie DVDs at every grocery and drug store. I just scored a horror pack DVD set with 12 movies on it for only six bucks.at the Rite Aid around the corner. Woohoo!
I love those multi-movie DVD packs. They're super cheap so even if only one or two of the movies turn out to be any good you've already gotten your money's worth. And the rest are usually at least entertaining in a "so bad it's good" way.
Thank YOU for the tip, I got a great Halloween cd at Duane Reade, it was a recorded screamfest. It was so scary, I play it every Halloween. I will check out the horror movie section when I go to Rite Aid!
1) Despite the fact that Halloween is dubbed as one of the most wickedly ghoulish days of the year, it's the most fun to be out on the town with everyone in the neighborhood and everyone gets along.
2) Candy corn.
3) Carving pumpkins.
4) Paper luminaries with candles that light up the sidewalk.
5) Fake coffins in front yards with spooky pop outs.
6) Haunted hayrides.
7) Ghost stories in candlelight.
8) Festive décor around the neighborhood.
9) Dressing up in outfits you can't wear any other time of year.
10) Fishnet stockings.
Lots of stuff, planning and creating costumes, decorating, making good food, parties, bonfires, trick-or-treating, the rich history and traditions from around the world, the makeup, seeing all the cute kids in their costumes, scaring people, Nightmare before Christmas and other Halloween movies, curling up and reading some Poe on a chilly autumn night. Halloween is a season for us. I could do without all the cooking/cleanup of Thanksgiving and all the commercialized hoopla of Christmas and keep Halloween for the winter lol
1. Staying up late reading old scary stories (sometimes by candlelight!)
2. The feel of the Halloween atmosphere
3. Traditional Soul Cakes
4. The weather (I'm not a summer person)
5. Pizza for dinner, ice cream for dessert (family tradition)
6. Watching old horror movies
7. All the other special food
8. The decorations
9. It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!
10. Glow sticks
1. The closeness I feel to those that have passed. It gives me hope of seeing them again.
2. The decorations such as Spook Ville near the front door, stickers on the windows, remembering the neighbors down the street growing up with their elaborate décor, etc.
3. Candle season is in full effect. The smell outside reminds me of the forests of the Rocky Mountains. Keeps me calm and relaxed.
4. Halloween movies!
5. The treats! Oh the sweet goodies! It's time to gain weight and exercise more.
6. Costumes. There are so many costume options. Sometimes I have three costumes for the entire week of Halloween, just to enjoy the time of being someone else. It's like a fantasy world.
7. The sales on décor. I go broke almost every year because of the Halloween sales, but the dollar store is still a favorite. The candles are cheap, glass that is tough to break, tons of cheap décor that looks good if done right.
8. Halloween season begins on September 1st for me, so plenty of time to enjoy it.
9. Enjoying the thrill of Halloween with friends and family. A time to gather close.
10. My favorite time of year.
To everyone who responded, ALL GREAT and EXCELLENT answers. Halloween is indeed a wondrous scary holiday. I love to have a scary celebration from the inception of October 24th-November 22nd. I love to watch a marathon of horror movies.
My perennial favorite is Rosemary's Baby, the quintessential Gothic horror film. I also love to watch Sleepy Hollow, the Tim Burton movie with Johnny Depp and Christopher Walken as the headless horseman.. Another lovely film to watch is The Nightmare Before Christmas, another one of Tim Burton's horror classics. A great cd to play during this darkly lovely time is Fright Night, it should put ANYONE in a darkly HALLOWEEN mood.
Remember, the DAYS are getting SHORTER while the NIGHTS are getting.....LONGER. Yes, the NIGHT beckons us ever so closer. Have FUN and enjoy the DAYLIGHT while one can.........
by Grace Marguerite Williams 12 months ago
What is it about Halloween that makes it THE DARKEST holiday of the year?
by Jamie Jensen 3 years ago
Poll: what is your NUMBER ONE favorite thing about Halloween?You can only pick one thing for this poll!
by Valerie Washington 6 years ago
It's that time of year again where what I like to call the "Big Three" is coming: Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas! Halloween is a Paganistic holiday that involves dressing in masks & costumes to appease evil spirits. Thanksgiving is about celebrating the harvest & Christmas...
by blessedp 11 months ago
What about Halloween do you like?The costumesThe trick or treatingThe horror moviesEtc
by Billie Kelpin 2 years ago
Can someone please explain why Halloween is such a popular holiday?I TOTALLY don't understand the fascination with Halloween. I never particularly liked the holiday even as a child, I don't like skeletons or thinking about death. (My husband found coffin candy boxes at the .99 cent store and...
by akhilkarun 8 years ago
Hey friends... I'm Guy from India.I've heard so much about 'Halloween' buy havent got a chance to know the fun and philosophy of it. I've know that people dress in Exciting Varitey of Outfits and Have a heavy lot of fun.Could somebody tellme about 'Halloween'.It would be a unique expression of your...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|