jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Daylight Savings Time...Do We Fall Back An Hour Tonight...

1. writinglover profile image86
    writingloverposted 4 years ago

Daylight Savings Time...Do We Fall Back An Hour Tonight...

or on Sunday (going into Monday) at 2:00? I'm asking this because I have to get up at 3:45 in the morning for early kitchen shift at the care center I work at and I would hate to wake up and see that it's really 2:45 in the morning. That would just suck.

2. W1totalk profile image75
    W1totalkposted 4 years ago

You set the clock back one hour. Unfortunately, 3:45 becomes 2:45 until spring when you get the hour back.

3. writinglover profile image86
    writingloverposted 4 years ago

Thanks W1totalk! I always freak out when Daylight Savings Time comes around.

4. Kathryn Stratford profile image90
    Kathryn Stratfordposted 4 years ago

It's Saturday going into Sunday that you turn the clocks back one hour... technically it is Sunday, very early in the morning. Barely over 2 hours from now. But hopefully you're already asleep, if you need to get up that early!
    Hey, with the time change you get to sleep an extra hour!

5. LongTimeMother profile image95
    LongTimeMotherposted 4 years ago

In Australia daylight saving (and its reverse) takes place in the early hours of a Sunday morning. That gives most people time to change their clocks on a weekend - instead of immediately before work and school on a Monday.

6. Faith Reaper profile image88
    Faith Reaperposted 4 years ago

We always go ahead and change the clocks back an hour before going to bed.  You will gain an hour and not lose one, and get an extra hour's of sleep.  So, if you go to bed at 11:00 p.m., you should not be late for work or get up early.  Of course, this has already happened by now lol

working