What is the most unhealthy but delicious holiday dinner dish?

1. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

What is the most unhealthy but delicious holiday dinner dish?

I make a potato casserole that everyone asks me for the recipe for.  It's so bad for you, I only allow myself to make it once a year and I put a disclaimer on it wink no wonder it's so good right?  It contains alfredo sauce, several ounces of different cheeses, cream soup, butter, bread crumb topping  - everyone devours it and loves it.  I do counteract it with other healthier choices, but once a year I indulge a bit.

What does your most artery clogging holiday meal consist of and do people love it the most? I think there is something addictive about combining starch and fat.

2. MizBejabbers profile image89
    MizBejabbersposted 4 years ago

Funny you should mention potatoes. My mother made a sweet potato casserole that could make a diabetic out of anybody. She mashed sweet potatoes and laced them with a ton of brown sugar and gobs of butter plus a few other tasty ingredients. Then she topped them with minimarshmallows and put them in the oven until the potatoes were bubbly and the marshmallows were golden brown on top. It was like eating dessert before dessert. She didn't use a recipe, and I've tried to equal it but I just can't. I sure miss her and that casserole.

BTW, your casserole sounds scrumptious. How about sharing the recipe in a special hub?

3. JayeWisdom profile image93
    JayeWisdomposted 4 years ago

I love scalloped white potatoes, which I avoid making most of the time because I know that dish is not in keeping with my healthy eating objectives. However, since I don't eat it regularly, only as a "splurge" a couple of times per year, it isn't likely to be a health wrecker. I don't know anyone who is stoic enough to deny the urge to occasionally indulge. It's the person who can't get back to the healthy-eating lifestyle after the splurge who is in trouble.

Jaye

working