jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Hamburgers or hotdogs? What's your favorite for grilling?

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image95
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 2 years ago

Hamburgers or hotdogs?  What's your favorite for grilling?

What do you like to grill for cookouts?  We have a lot of summer holidays coming up - how do you celebrate?

2. Amanda6868 profile image77
    Amanda6868posted 2 years ago

Hotdogs all the way!! They're much more fun to make and they taste great afterwards.

3. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

Neither, my favorite grilling meats are nice, juicy ribeye steaks marinated in a mixture of soy and garlic with a dash of tabasco sauce.   With those delicious steaks comes a nice green salad garnished with a spicy ranch dressing and some nice baked potatoes with chives/sour cream.

1. MizBejabbers profile image88
      MizBejabbersposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Sounds yummy! We grow our own chives and there's nothing like snipping off a fresh bunch and adding them to a dish. We had some this morning in our scrambled eggs.

4. lisavollrath profile image97
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

Veggie dogs, all the way! It's easy to pick up a pack on the way to any cookout. No mess, and they look just like what the non-veg eaters are eating.

5. Amanda108 profile image93
    Amanda108posted 2 years ago

I'd rather eat a hamburger (well, cheeseburger!), but if I'm going to eat a hot dog it simply MUST be grilled! But why choose? Grill both, grab one of each, add some chips and baked beans to the side and then I'm all good!

My summer celebrations tend to be non-existent compared to what my family and I do for, say, Halloween through New Year's. But food plays a major part in all my holidays, now that I think about it. Mmm, now I'm hungry. ;-)

6. bravewarrior profile image91
    bravewarriorposted 2 years ago

I like them both. Love cheeseburgers - fat, juicy ones. Hot dogs must either be Nathan's or Hebrew National. I like sauerkraut on my dogs with a little mustard.

Grilled chicken drumettes are great too. Dunk them in Buffalo sauce after grilling. Yum!

7. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

Marcy......hamburgs or hot dogs??   YES! both.   Oh the toppings...mustard, ketchup, chili sauce, CHEESE, onions, sauerkraut, lettuce, tomatoes, dill & sweet relish............& salads & desserts & all sorts of munchies...iced tea and lemonade and sodas of every flavor. 
    Somebody STOP ME!!!!

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Now THAT'S a barbeque feast right there!  I simply love chili dogs.  Now, YOU HAVE MADE ME HUNGRY.......VERY, VERY HUNGRY!!!

8. MizBejabbers profile image88
    MizBejabbersposted 2 years ago

Hamburgers hands down! Hamburgers are a staple around our house. Hot dogs are eaten ever so often, especially is Mr. B has made a fresh batch of sauerkraut. We also like chili dogs, but if we are going to take the trouble to fire up the grill, it's hamburgers all the way. I'm so glad the stores have started selling gluten-free buns now because bunless hamburgers and hot dogs just don't hack it.