jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

What's your favorite food to grill?

1. jaydawg808 profile image90
    jaydawg808posted 3 years ago

What's your favorite food to grill?

Is it the standard hotdogs and hamburgers? Or do you like to grill something out of the ordinary?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9097535_f260.jpg

2. Penny G profile image72
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

Since I don't eat meat it would have to be Portabella mushrooms.

3. mgeorge1050 profile image78
    mgeorge1050posted 3 years ago

It has got to be steak, baby!  A choice cut of beef is my favorite thing off the grill, but really any meat is great when grilled properly.  I often grill vegetables also, like potatoes, squash, corn, and so many others.  I am a grill fanatic and grilling takes place at least once a week at my house.

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image98
    DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago

I do a grilled smoked tofu, which I then use either cubed in stir-frys, or sliced into sandwiches loaded with "all the trimmings."

I also do a summer vegetable basket, with all kinds of squash, mushrooms, onions, lemon wedges and cherry tomatoes, all marinated overnight in Italian dressing.
    There are never any leftovers!  It's a big hit at our annual summer "Burn Your Own Burger Bash."  ;-)

1. mgeorge1050 profile image78
      mgeorge1050posted 3 years agoin reply to this

That summer vegetable basket sounds great.  I am glad to see someone else that marinates their vegetables.  It seems that many of my grilling buddies don't marinate the veggies, but I always have.

2. Penny G profile image72
      Penny Gposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Oh yum. I'm going to this on the weekend. Thanks so much for the ideas.

5. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

It used to be hot dogs but I stopped eating them for my health. Besides which, I do not have a grill now - except for a small indoor 'grill'.

6. dappledesigns profile image90
    dappledesignsposted 3 years ago

brussel sprouts  - even my anti-veggie hubby will eat them when they are grilled. A little olive oil, sea salt and pepper.

7. Lady Guinevere profile image62
    Lady Guinevereposted 3 years ago

Lima beans.  Put them in a foil packet with butter, salt and pepper and Parmesan cheese.

1. Penny G profile image72
      Penny Gposted 3 years agoin reply to this

YUM! I will try that.

working