jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

How did you step into the New year- praying..or out in the cold watching the fir

1. rexy profile image66
    rexyposted 2 years ago

How did you step into the New year- praying..or out in the cold watching the fireworks/friend/family

what did you leave behind in 2015 and what are your looking forward to in 2016?

2. RTalloni profile image87
    RTalloniposted 2 years ago

Both, actually.  What a gift prayer is, and to begin the new year on our knees was a blessing.  Watching neighbor's fireworks (and surrounding areas) from our front porch was a pleasure because a few steps indoors our hot teas steeped, waiting to take the edge off the night's chill.

3. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
    Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago

Actually I slept into the New Year. I lit a bayberry candle, which is an old tradition to bring good fortune to the household, said prayers of gratitude, blew out the candle and fell asleep. I left behind a few regrets in 2015 and have new hopes and promises for 2016.

4. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

Actually I slept through the stroke of a tick and a tock at midnight this year. I have not any religious or spiritual significance for New Year Day. Frankly, for sixteen years of my now ended career (3 New Year Day’s ago) I always worked from 1PM (31st) to maybe 3AM (1st). I did all the end of year stuff for the main frame computer, creating EOY reports, analyzed some, and I worked alone. Perhaps I did count blessings, but not mine. Maybe I am still orientated with that mindset. I dun’no . . .

1. rexy profile image66
      rexyposted 2 years agoin reply to this

that is great.... work comes first.... l also know a few people working the same as your self...... on other hand l also know some who are out of work and prayer for work in the new year.......

5. Kathleen Cochran profile image81
    Kathleen Cochranposted 2 years ago

No reason you couldn't do both. 

I hope I left behind in 2015 a resentment I've held against my dad for almost three years.  Our relationship may never be what it once was, but in 2016 I look forward to it improving.

working