jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

How are you spending your thanksgiving holiday this year?

1. Janellegems profile image67
    Janellegemsposted 17 months ago

How are you spending your thanksgiving holiday this year?

2. Paxash profile image97
    Paxashposted 17 months ago

I'm spending mine being petty. My stepfather invited his entire (large) family without asking my mom, so now we're inviting friends without telling him. It's gonna be interesting.

Janellegemsposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Oh my. If everyone shows up, you are going to have a very full house.  Thanks for responding.

2. profile image0
      Cissy1946posted 17 months agoin reply to this

Good luck!! Sometimes this sort of mismatch makes for the best holidays. It also gives you a chance to try new dishes that your immediate family might not be interested in. I hope you get a good turn out and have fun...

3. Amanda108 profile image92
    Amanda108posted 17 months ago

Fairly quietly. It will be the immediate household only - my parents, myself, my little sister, and my adult brother. I do miss the large get-togethers with family that I remember from childhood, but then I remember I simply don't have time for that much cleaning, cooking, and planning! At least not at this point in life. So we'll have a feast for us five, then possibly watch some Christmas movies in the afternoon. We'll look at sales flyers whether or not we intend to actually go out and buy any of it. I imagine I'll do lots of reading and maybe play some games.

Janellegemsposted 17 months agoin reply to this

That's absolutely wonderful.  Yes, I do agree that the big get togethers requires much cooking and cleaning after.  I do the same, watch christmas movies after a big meal.  hope you have a great day. Thanks so much for sharing.

working